Hotel stay/meals advice needed please.

ButtonsTheSuperCat

Silver Member
We've got our 19th wedding anniversary coming up, with a day out this week then a spa hotel break next week, with three meals catered for. It's going to be really tough. Not sure how to go with it yet.

The day out should be ok, I'm happy to take the food packs with me, but the three hotel meals..?! So am thinking of doing low carb (will try to keep it as low fat as poss too) but will a day of this still ruin the diet? On WW, when I went off plan for even a day I'd not lose an ounce that week. I don't want to ruin a whole week for just one day, but on the flip side the meals are included and it would feel a waste of money to skip them, plus my husband will need to eat and I can't let him go to the restaurant on his own on our wedding anniversary!

Has anyone else done a day away, low carb and not affected their weekly weight loss???

My mum is on lighterlife and did the same, she just stuck to low carb and over 4 days put on 2lb, the week after she lost 5lb though so it kinda equalled it out and she felt good having a break away for her wedding anniversary and ready to come back and get straight on it.
I'd say enjoy yourself and eat what you want, you'll probably find you want smaller meals anyway. You only live once and any weight you put on will come straight back off again :)

I'd definitely enjoy yourself too :D Damage limitation by keeping the carbs to a minimum I'd say. I've had lots of meals and still been ok, but I have done that from the start so no panic around it! Plus I'm guessing you're thinking about your monthly weigh-in, although you're off after that anyway? In fact thats perfect as you won't see any little gain that week as it would have evened out the following week anyway? Rambling I know?!

Oh I wouldn't worry too much about keeping it low fat either as I eat full fat everything (unless you have clogged arteries!), its the carbs you want to keep to a minimum! x

I'd definitely enjoy yourself too :D Damage limitation by keeping the carbs to a minimum I'd say. I've had lots of meals and still been ok, but I have done that from the start so no panic around it! Plus I'm guessing you're thinking about your monthly weigh-in, although you're off after that anyway? In fact thats perfect as you won't see any little gain that week as it would have evened out the following week anyway? Rambling I know?!

Oh I wouldn't worry too much about keeping it low fat either as I eat full fat everything (unless you have clogged arteries!), its the carbs you want to keep to a minimum! x

Really good advice. And I love the rambling :) makes me feel good. Had a terrible day. Wanted to eat everything in sight but was quite alarmed that I identified a trigger and actually then managed to control it. Can't say I'm happy but life will go on so at least I'm not doing something I will regret. xxx

I can't offer much more advice but wanted to say enjoy! Have a fab time :D

I have a weeks holiday away in Greece coming up, and even though I've switched plans, when I asked the helpdesk what to do on holiday, should I do a semi refeed or something, he suggested I go, have a good time, not worry about my eating as it'll all come off the next week!! :)
Have fun!!!

I think the help desk advice depends on who you get on the other end of the phone! But then again you can only do so much to limit the damage without making yourself miserable. Why not enjoy ourselves once in a while?! In the long run does it really make a difference? I suppose as long as we DEFINITELY get back on the wagon after... but that's usually my downfall for another 6 months! Big sigh. Oh well, I'll try my best :)

I'm going on holiday in August, so I plan to be fully off Exante by then and just have a bloody good time! :D Have got another work lunch situation coming up though, I've got to go to an agency and they haven't included what's happening for lunch in the agenda. I don't want to sound odd and ask but I might have to, I can't have something sprung on me last minute just in case!! Fingers crossed for sandwiches in the office then I can just have my shake!

Fingers crossed for you!!! I've had a couple of nights out for dinner in the last week and while I think my portion sizes were too big, I kinda stuck with an Atkins mindset and went for fats and proteins. Not sure if it was the place I went to or not, but food has never tasted so good!!! I was worried I'd kicked myself out of ketosis but the following days I've been less hungry! Go figure!!! :) my body really enjoyed having food again so that was good. Still I wouldn't do that every day!!!

It'll be weird having the week off, I'm nervous about it, but if we stay low carb-ish, not worry too much, and walk around loads, I'm sure we'll be fine!!! :) just remember coming out of ketosis you automatically put on 4lbs I think, as that's the glycogen refilling your muscles again

Day out at Kew today went pretty well; shake for breakfast, bar for lunch then a pack of ham and dried bacon for dinner! No snacks, ice creams or anything else :) And about for hours walking. Was tough at lunch time, esp as this app wouldn't load! But I made it and I'm so pleased. Tomorrow will be fine but Weds may go out the window! Depends what food they serve at the hotel - I will try and keep it Atkins style but I don't know if I'm strong enough! May just let it all go Pete Tong then get back on track Friday - although I've got Robbie tickets so just really hoping no one else minds not going out for food first. Hopefully it won't all put too much of a dent in the diet.

Have a fab time in Greece Joy, enjoy every morsel! Lol. See you when you get back :)

And it seems we're on holiday about the same time Smidge, we'll have to make a pact to get straight back on track when we get back?!

And we absolutely must get back on the forum. If I'm rambling away on here, I know it'll motivate me to get back on the diet. I've bought enough packs to have them ready when we get home so I'll have no excuse - and I've booked a family photo shoot for the 31st Aug so I have to get my flabby butt back in gear or it'll be a waste of money and I will be one very unhappy bunny!

Defo, it's a deal
highfive.gif

My Mum wants to do a photo shoot for my sisters birthday in September as well so we'll probably both be back working for the same thing again haha! I did one with my Mum a few years ago and I don't think I'd want to go being a chunk! You know how when you feel fat nothing they do can make you feel pretty in front of that camera..

Good luck for the day tomorrow just in case and well done for today, no ice-cream = super willpower!!

Day out at Kew today went pretty well; shake for breakfast, bar for lunch then a pack of ham and dried bacon for dinner! No snacks, ice creams or anything else :) And about for hours walking. Was tough at lunch time, esp as this app wouldn't load! But I made it and I'm so pleased. Tomorrow will be fine but Weds may go out the window! Depends what food they serve at the hotel - I will try and keep it Atkins style but I don't know if I'm strong enough! May just let it all go Pete Tong then get back on track Friday - although I've got Robbie tickets so just really hoping no one else minds not going out for food first. Hopefully it won't all put too much of a dent in the diet.

Have a fab time in Greece Joy, enjoy every morsel! Lol. See you when you get back :)

Wow well done!!!! That's awesome you did so well!!!! With the walking as well I'm sure you'll stay pretty much on track!!! If it goes out the window, so be it, you're on holidays so no guilt!!!! Do the best you can :)

Thanks!! I head off in a week!!! Can't wait!!!

Well done Buttons. Even if you do go slightly off-plan, you have all month to rectify it until next weigh day anyway :D x

Slightly off plan... errr, yeah - that's kinda what's happened! Lol. Never mind. Friday will start again. First time off the diet in over two months, so not too worried, plus I was plateauing so you never know it might kick start again when I get back?!

Haha, what have you spoilt yourself with??

Box of chocolates (but not all of them!) wine, steak and chocolate mousse! All very posh nosh too! Yum :)

Back