How about a dedicated Kindle forum?

Lynn_

On A Mission!
Just a suggestion, but as more and more people get a kindle to download their books onto, it might be really useful to have a sub forum dedicated to it.

Really helpful if a good free book appears on Amazon then we can alert each to get downloading!

In case you havnt seen my other thread on this book, You've Gone Too Far This Time Sir! is now available for free download at Amazon
You've Gone Too Far This Time, Sir! eBook: Danny Bent: Amazon.co.uk: Kindle Store

Grab it while you can, and if you dont haev a kindle, just download the free kindle app for PC and then grab it and read on your pc. If in future you do get one then the book will always be on your Amazon account to download again later

Great idea Lynn, would be great for recommendations etc, there seem to be a lot of kindle threads recently

Would also be handy for software queries etc...

This is a great idea Lyn, i was actually thinking the same yesterday when i talking about kindles, would be great to have all the kindle related threads together in one place :)

I don't have one yet,i've been dead against them but,i do see the appeal and i've decided i need to embrace technology lol!

I had no idea once you had downloaded a book it stays on your account for repeat downloads, i could download that to my laptop now and then download to Kindle when i've got it... :D

I agree - it would be great! I love my Kindle and whilst I refuse to stop buying real books (i worry about book shops disappearing) I do enjoy getting cheap books for my travels on the Kindle!

I have the kindle app on my iphone havent actually managed to get round to downloading anything yet, do they have many free books to download?

I don't have one yet,i've been dead against them but,i do see the appeal and i've decided i need to embrace technology lol!

You dont need to splash out the money to try out kindle books, a good way to find out if you like downloadable books is to download the kindle app for pc (also for iphone and ipad) and then try a couple of free books to get you started before you start splashing the cash. The apps are free, and there are tons of good free books available, you are just limited to reading them on your pc/iphone/ipad until you decide to treat yourself to a proper kindle.

I had no idea once you had downloaded a book it stays on your account for repeat downloads, i could download that to my laptop now and then download to Kindle when i've got it... :D

There is a limit to the number of downloads, I think its 6 generally. Different books will have different DRM policy, but yes the book stays on your amazon account and you can just download it to whichever media you want to play it on.

Using the kindle app means you can start building up a library of books, especially the free ones as they are often on a short term offer for free, so you have to keep looking out for them. I almost bought a kindle book for about £2 on Sunday that I then saw was up for free Monday!

Perhaps a sticky where all the free kindle book links could go,i think Lynn posted one a few days ago...

Back