How bad was this?

I had a lunch today which I couldn't get out of and made the best choice I thought possible , I had a halloumi and roast pepper salad with balsamic dressing, I didn't eat the peppers onions croutons and tomatoes that we're in it, just the halloumi and lettuce basically. I only drank water , no pudding, coffee or anything else, I had the rest of my shakes as usual. How much damage is this likely to have done ketosis wise does anyone know?

I think you should be ok, you've basically had an SS+ meal, apart from the cheese which is prob a bit higher in cals/fat than anything you're allowed, but ok for carbs which is the main bit.

Thanks, there wasn't much choice as I am veggie, the other choices were cauliflower cheese pie or tandoori vegetable burger or mushroom pasta so I did the best I could!

You did well to avoid carbs! Well done! X

How have you felt since? chances are if you don't feel hungry you are still in the zone lol. I agree with the above poster for the most part you have just had an ss+ meal, hope you still have a nice loss at your weigh in :)

Hi. I feel fine to be honest, no different really so hoping I am still in ketosis. Will just carry on as normal with my 3 shakes and see how I get on this week, half term here so am off work and got all sorts of nice things planned for me and my little girl, which DONT involve food!

Should be fine as that's an Atkins-friendly meal & you're in ketosis on that too. Sounds like more veggie options than you normally see!

Don't stress about it - this weekend I ate a paneer curry, peppers, onions and all (no rice or bread though) and am still in ketosis.

Everyone's different and I expect I won't lose as much this week but I think that it would take more than a slice of halloumi to kick you out as its the carbs that are problematic. Someone posted the other day that they ate a sandwich and stayed in ketosis so don't worry about it! Of couse some people are very carb sensitive but if you don't notice any change you're probably fine.

Just keep on doing as well as you have been and enjoy your half term!

Back