How can I sweeten/flavour f/f yoghurt

Gillyw

Hi
This is only my second posting so I hope I've put it in the right place! :confused:
I've tried plain fat free yoghurt on cereal but find it a little too sour. Any suggestions for making it a little sweeter or flavouring it with something? I'm new to the SW EE diet too and am fumbling around a bit.
I've just checked out the low carb megastore and they have flavourings but can these be mixed with yoghurt without it having that curdle effect?
Any tips would be great.
Gilly

Can you not just use a syn free fruit yoghurt?

Patchworkpuss - Thanks for the idea but I haven't found any syn free fruit yoghurts! Let me know if you have. I've found some with only 0.5 syns but would prefer totally syn free.
Kim - Such a simple idea! Don't know why on earth I didn't think of it. Thank you.
MrsMortis - I'll definitely try this one. Thanks.

Granular sweetener and a dash of vanilla essence, delish!

Gillyw said:
Patchworkpuss - Thanks for the idea but I haven't found any syn free fruit yoghurts! Let me know if you have. I've found some with only 0.5 syns but would prefer totally syn free.
Kim - Such a simple idea! Don't know why on earth I didn't think of it. Thank you.
MrsMortis - I'll definitely try this one. Thanks.

The majority of the muller lights are syn free, as are alot of the weightwatchers ones. There is a sticky thread about yogurts that's well worth a look :)

Gillyw said:
Hi
This is only my second posting so I hope I've put it in the right place! :confused:
I've tried plain fat free yoghurt on cereal but find it a little too sour. Any suggestions for making it a little sweeter or flavouring it with something? I'm new to the SW EE diet too and am fumbling around a bit.
I've just checked out the low carb megastore and they have flavourings but can these be mixed with yoghurt without it having that curdle effect?
Any tips would be great.
Gilly

I have got 8 syrups from the lowcarb megastore. I put mine in ff yogurt all the time..... Tastes amazing... And is exactly the same texture!! :D

Thanks lots for all your info. I'm so glad I've found this site. It's making things so much easier. Everyone is sooo helpful.
I've just realised that I can choose what diet to go with EACH DAY! Originally I thought I had to choose a plan and stick to it!!! I've just gone back over my food diary for the week and I've had Green Days without realising it which means I have NO SYNS AT ALL on those days. Yipeeeeeeee. I'm liking this more and more.

Gillyw said:
Thanks lots for all your info. I'm so glad I've found this site. It's making things so much easier. Everyone is sooo helpful.
I've just realised that I can choose what diet to go with EACH DAY! Originally I thought I had to choose a plan and stick to it!!! I've just gone back over my food diary for the week and I've had Green Days without realising it which means I have NO SYNS AT ALL on those days. Yipeeeeeeee. I'm liking this more and more.

That is excellent..... So pleased ur getting the hang of it :) i think SW do recommend though hun that u have at least 5syns a day as it helps with your weight loss! Please someone tell me if i have it wrong??? Anyway well done on mixing ur days up...less boring that way :p xx

Most activia fat free yogurts are free but not all - think peach has a syn value.

Try some sweet red grapes with your natural yogurt, its lovely.

Back