How close to target do things start getting tough

loveheart<3

I was just wondering whether people would share there experiences on how close to target they got before they found it hard to shift anymore.

I've heard people say it's hard to loose the last few lbs, I wouldn't say I'm anywhere near target, 1stone2lb away but I feel like It's getting harder to loose and I'm being 100% if anything I'm better now than when I first started out!

But my question is how close to target where any of you before it started to get hard to loose anymore?

It started getting tough for me at 9st 4lbs that was 11lbs away from my target.
Unfortunately I gave up and put some weight back on :( I'm determined to get there this time!

I know that my body can get below 9st 4lbs because before having 2 children I was 8st.

HTH x

loveheart<3 said:
I was just wondering whether people would share there experiences on how close to target they got before they found it hard to shift anymore.

I've heard people say it's hard to loose the last few lbs, I wouldn't say I'm anywhere near target, 1stone2lb away but I feel like It's getting harder to loose and I'm being 100% if anything I'm better now than when I first started out!

But my question is how close to target where any of you before it started to get hard to loose anymore?

Hi, iv herd alot of people say that too. But in my case i got to the last few pounds and I realised I'd got really strict with myself with silly things like no more than one muller a day, one banana a day, 5syns a day (from 15 previously). I was taking it too far, once I realised this (and allowed myself an extra muller if i wanted it) I had my biggest loss I'd had in ages Wich was 3lb (my losses wer normally around 0.5 - 1lb) and got me straight to target.

In my case I believe I was too strict with myself, I'm not saying this is the case with everyone, but I have seen people have no syns to try and get to target and that is certainly not the way to go.
Follow the plan 100% and it shouldn't be too much of a problem.
Good luck xxx

LornaGrace said:
Hi, iv herd alot of people say that too. But in my case i got to the last few pounds and I realised I'd got really strict with myself with silly things like no more than one muller a day, one banana a day, 5syns a day (from 15 previously). I was taking it too far, once I realised this (and allowed myself an extra muller if i wanted it) I had my biggest loss I'd had in ages Wich was 3lb (my losses wer normally around 0.5 - 1lb) and got me straight to target.

In my case I believe I was too strict with myself, I'm not saying this is the case with everyone, but I have seen people have no syns to try and get to target and that is certainly not the way to go.
Good luck xxx

You have been a great help here i have 5lb left til target and i seem to b getting a lot stricter with myself having smaller portions and only having 5 syns maybe thats why im struggling to lose. Definitely gonna try and stop being strict after all dont want to live like that forever. Lets see what happens

Good luck xxx

I was the same, I got to about half a stone from my target and wasn't loosing, I was horrified when my consultant suggested having more syns and also having 2 HEA's on red and green days, as I was thinking I should reduce my syns. But I did as she said, expecting a big gain and the weight started coming off again

Me too. I was sooooooo very strict all through my journey. The last half a stone in particular was soooo slow but my consultant told me to reduce to 5 syns a day which I did. I never drank alcohol, and measured every he to the last morsel. Didnt go out much for meals either. On reflection I think I was too strict with myself. I did find when I did have one drink once that my loss that week was actually greater. It was the only drink though, I just couldnt bring myself to drink the following week, convicing myself it was just a flook.

So alot of us saying the same as were getting closer were becoming stricter and the weights harder to loose. It's all well and good being on the wagon but maybe to loosen up a little bit and enjoy everything were allowed is actually going to help us!

I'm deff stricter now, 100% everyday and if not I always save syns to cover myself but I think im fact I could probably eat more sometimes which might help me I know sometimes more is better!

loveheart<3 said:
So alot of us saying the same as were getting closer were becoming stricter and the weights harder to loose. It's all well and good being on the wagon but maybe to loosen up a little bit and enjoy everything were allowed is actually going to help us!

I'm deff stricter now, 100% everyday and if not I always save syns to cover myself but I think im fact I could probably eat more sometimes which might help me I know sometimes more is better!

Id definitely say enjoy being on plan 100%. Enjoy everything youre allowed. I think over thinking the plan and not having food here and there that is allowed is a slippery slope.

You sound like you have your head around it though :)

Really pushed myself yesterday to use my syns and used 14 thats the most i have used in a long time hopefully i will see a difference at this weeks weigh in. Will not b happy if i sts again as been really good this week

Back