how do I follow slimming world?

MiniMel25

I really like the idea of slimming world as I have heard everyone loses weight and enjoys their food but every time I follow it I put weight on. I have tried to follow the plan 3-4 times but I end up failing it as I feel its just like a diet, I spend half my time googling how many syns are in things and so now I've completely given up. helppp......

Write everything down. You have the foundation if you’ve been a member before.
I start with 105syns every Monday and the end of each day I write down the syns I’ve consumed and deduct it from the 105 and repeat every day . So when the weekend comes you know exactly how many syns you have to be bold with...
I hope this helps.

weigh & measure. Also some syn values are per xxxg/xxxml and some people think this is for a whole pack of something. A little slip up ca blow the syn bank. Give it a go, and follow the Slimming World section on here. Good luck x

The best advice I've been given is not to focus on what you CAN'T have, but what you CAN. That makes much more sense to me than feeling fed up cos I can't have fish and chips for lunch and then a chocolate bar in the evening - well not if I want to lose weight that is :classic_big_grin:

I think there are 3 keys to success with SW. They are:

1. Planning - know what you are going to eat and carry free and speed snack with you at all times...and keep a diary and write EVERYTHING down.
2. Cooking - to succeed at SW you need to cook most stuff from scratch even if you batch cook and freeze. This means you can have SW versions of all of your fave things and not feel deprived. You can also keep the variety going and not feel deprived.
3. Speed foods. Follow the rules on speed foods and fill your plate 1/3. This helps your portion control with free foods. Choose speed foods first when it comes to snacks.

Those are my top tips for SW success. Hope they help.

Definitely focus on what you can eat rather than what you can't like Jules said!
Also plan your meals. I sit down once a week and plan my meals for the week based around whats going on for me and my hubby all week. I then write a shopping list based on my meal plans, and stick to it! That way I don't have junk I don't need in the house!
Put as much Veg into things as you can. For example when I make spag bol I always grate a couple of carrots into the sauce. You can also use courgette. That way you're getting speed without actually feeling like you're eating veggies (good tip if you don't really like veg!)
ALWAYS have your speed food. I always have more than 1/3rd of a plate, but that's just cause I love veg :)

I know a woman in my old group always had 1/3rd speed but she would also have a small side salad with everything! She lost loads of weight doing that!

I think the key though is deffo planning and making sure you get your speed :)

Back