How do I stop self sabotage?

Muis

Want to shift some weight
Last week I was 1/2lb away from geting my 2 stone award. I still need to loose 5 stone after that.

From Saturday onwards I have not stopped eating the wrong things. I have stopped counting the syns......I feel bloated and I have heartburn. Problems that I have not had since I started SW in January. Why am I suddenly so far from target? How did this self sabotage suddenly creep up on me?

All I need to do is get back on plan. Why does it feel like I am climbing a never ending hill..........?

Is there something that triggered this that happened on Saturday? Whatever started this it's clearly not making you feel good. The fact that you are here admitting it is a huge positive. You haven't just disappeared from the forum in a cloud of guilt and shame. Well done! That's a great step. All you have to do now, is to continue to take those steps, one at a time. If you can identify a trigger, great, acknowledge it and tell it you refuse to let it beat you. If you can't, try and find a small achievable goal to focus on. As a start, maybe "I'm going to have an on plan breakfast tomorrow.." once you achieve that, make a new one. Then the day will have passed and you will begin to feel a bit more positive and in control again. This is just a blip, if you want it to be. But you need to want it to be, for yourself. You can do this.

Is there something that triggered this that happened on Saturday? Whatever started this it's clearly not making you feel good. The fact that you are here admitting it is a huge positive. You haven't just disappeared from the forum in a cloud of guilt and shame. Well done! That's a great step. All you have to do now, is to continue to take those steps, one at a time. If you can identify a trigger, great, acknowledge it and tell it you refuse to let it beat you. If you can't, try and find a small achievable goal to focus on. As a start, maybe "I'm going to have an on plan breakfast tomorrow.." once you achieve that, make a new one. Then the day will have passed and you will begin to feel a bit more positive and in control again. This is just a blip, if you want it to be. But you need to want it to be, for yourself. You can do this.
Thank you for the reply. It all started when we went to eat at an old friends house. Even the vegetables was deep fried.....We met 15 years ago. Loads happened when I met her. Her son was murdered, the chinchilla died and the cat got run over in one week. We talked about it all and then she started feeding us. I ate and then continued when I got home. I have not snapped out of it. Went for bloodtests this morning and still waiting for further tests. Guess everything just got to me and went over to the old comfort eating me, instead of dealing with the feelings of pain and fear of the unknown.
Just made myself oats porriage for BF tomorrow! Thank you so much for the words of wisdom!

Woah. I'm not surprised you haven't stopped then. Raking over tough times takes it out of you and can take you mentally back to a bad place. But I am so pleased you have made a positive step towards regaining control. You had no choice over what you had to eat on Saturday and it's ridiculously easy to go from just one meal.. To just one week.. To just one month, you are putting a stop to it now, and that's really really good. Take it a meal at a time till you get back to a comfortable routine of on-plan eating. You will feel so much better for it, physically and mentally. Keep me updated, I'll be cheering you on :)

Woah. I'm not surprised you haven't stopped then. Raking over tough times takes it out of you and can take you mentally back to a bad place. But I am so pleased you have made a positive step towards regaining control. You had no choice over what you had to eat on Saturday and it's ridiculously easy to go from just one meal.. To just one week.. To just one month, you are putting a stop to it now, and that's really really good. Take it a meal at a time till you get back to a comfortable routine of on-plan eating. You will feel so much better for it, physically and mentally. Keep me updated, I'll be cheering you on :)
Thank you!

I was able to stick to plan again today. Thank you for the support.

WI on Thursday to see what the damage is.........

Good luck!! Glad you made it through the day. Take whatever WI throws at you on the chin and use it as a further opportunity to refocus yourself. Also bear in mind that now you are back on plan any gain isn't likely to be a major disaster, you may have a bit of water retention from the change in diet, but you did manage half the week on plan and that will mitigate some of the bad days. You may even find that you still pull a loss out of the bag, I lost count of the times at group where people would reel a list of the offplan stuff they ate while scratching their heads as to why they still lost. If you do, then great, but then definitely stick to plan because sometimes a gain can not show till the following week, so if you stick with it, that's far less likely to happen to you. Let us know how you get on.

It is a 2lb gain. I am back on plan and I need to loose 2.5lb this week to get my 2 stone award. Refocussed and ready to eat!!!! Thank you so much for the support. Means a lot to me!

Could have been SO much worse!!! Good on you for facing the scales and getting your mojo back. I reckon you will NAIL that 2.5 next week.

Could have been SO much worse!!! Good on you for facing the scales and getting your mojo back. I reckon you will NAIL that 2.5 next week.
On my scales I had 5lb gain.....I may have been a little too happy after the WI.....

Back