How do I survive a beer festival

GirlyChick

On a mission
Hi Guys,
I'm off to sunny Wales for 4 days with the OH tomorrow to a steam train and beer festival. Its been planned for ages and I thought it would be ok but I have had a really tough couple of days and nearly ate a few of times - but didn't! but I have been in a foul mood because of it.
Just had a family barbecue as well which was really tough.
I love my real ales!!!! PLease give me some inspirational words to take with me and keep me on the straight and narrow xx

Hiya hun! Oooo thats a tough one to have to go through on this diet! But you know why you will...cos look how close you are to getting to the 2 stone mark. On your next weigh in you'll be well over that if you stick to it :) and you'll be able to come back on here when you get back and tell us all what amazing will power you have! You've managed a tough few days by the sounds of it..if you can get through this you know you can stick it out for the long run. Keep going chick and try to enjoy yourself :D xx

I can only echo Louize's fine words of wisdom. Be strong :O)

xxx

Hi Toni :)

You've done so well to stay on track and you've survived that BBQ which can't of been easy :D

I don't want to scare the cr~p out of you to give you the motivation and inspiration to get through the festival BUT....it's VERY dangerous to drink alcohol whilst following a VLCD, which I'm sure you know;):D You can't drink and not eat anything at all before.

This is just a tip here that I give my clients when they know they are going to be going into situations that may trigger drinking or using drugs and it applies just the same here. A sort of emergency action plan.

Get a few pieces of small card, maybe 6 and write on each one a reason why you are doing a VLCD. Your wishlist so to speak. Put them in your handbag or something that you keep on you at all times when you are away and if you feel tempted, struggle or feel under pressure to eat or have a beer, slope off to the loo or something and discreetly get these cards out and read ALL of them...twice.

May not stop you lapsing and having some food and a beer but it might do. Either way it will have reinforced and reminded you and your brain why you are making the choices you are at the moment.

Hope my ramblings make sense...xx :D

Wow thanks guys and thanks Isis for the great tip, I might just try that xx

Q) How to survive a beer festival while on Lipotrim?
A) Don't go.

Haha, or...

Q) How to survive a beer festival while on Lipotrim?
A) Knowing that while in ketosis, drinking alcohol can potentially kill you.

I hope that helped :p

just think of how good you feel right now lossing weight and how well your going to be in futer its hard i know but youve done so well and it get faster as you go on i found iam only week 3 and its flown by good luck and stay strong you know it will be worth it

Have to say, Isis has given you the best tips to get you over a very difficult social event. Also, can't you be the main photographer and keep yourself very busy making great and artistic photos...especially if every else will be getting plastered!

Everyones words are great!

All I can say is good luck chick!! You can do it! stay sober so you can remind everyone what drunken idiots they were lol!!

Back