how do the sw's manage from home?

missgalaxy

Yummy Mummy! xx
Hi guys!

Im rejoining good old SW as it worked well for me but due to financial reasons I cannot attend a class. I have the white folder with all the books and info in but im wondering how you all manage to keep up to date with items and does it work by doing the plan from home? How do you find out about syn values and things? Thank you to anyone who replies, I cannot wait to get back on the SW wagon! x

Hiya. I've been doing SW from home for a couple of months now and I've found it pretty easy. I went to classes years ago (about 2005!) and still have my old book (although massively out of date now) but most of the basic info has remained the same.

I find that doing it from home is quite easy. I've set myself a specific weigh-in slot each Tuesday morning so that my weigh-ins reflect going to an actual class. I also keep a food log, which helps keep me on track. I did write it all down on paper but now I just keep a food diary on here. It's working well so far, had a sneaky weigh-in yesterday and I've hit my 1 stone mark so as long as you can stick with it I think it can work just as well as attending classes.

In terms of keeping up to date with everything, this forum has been absolutely invaluable! A quick search on google for a syn value on any product usually brings up a thread on this forum as the first thing on the search engine page. The other members here are really fantastic at helping out with syn values and the recipe threads are excellent for finding low-syn meal ideas. I'm on here several times a day reading various threads and I find that this forum is just as supportive as going to a group. :)

Hi missgalaxy

I'm an online member so I can look for syns etc online anyway. I used to go to Rosemary Conley classes quite a few years ago but they were mainly focussed on exercise rather than the diet side. I just don't fancy committing to another weekly appointment (I have a lot on at the moment).

This site is excellent. Basically any question I've ever thought of has already been answered! I do red days so I've found it especially helpful to mine the great knowledge here for information. I want to lose weight for medical reasons so I've been pretty focussed so far.

I love your doggy avatar by the way :)

I do it from home too and have found it pretty easy. At first i didn't have this site so was kind of just going off what Google told me. But as soon as i signed up to here I have been fine. This site has all the info you could need and there are some lovely & helpful people on here who are willing to help with any questions you have about the plan.

There is a thread on here called 'doing sw from home' which you may find helpful x

Thanks for the lovely welcome and all the advice, I cannot wait to get started and lost those lbs! x

I too have been doing it from home. I have been to group over the years & got to target but have put some back on.

I find this site really motivating. I have joined many challenges & have been pleased with my weight loss so far. However I think you need to be in the right frame of mind as it's easy to cheat when you've only got yourself to answer to.
I also have set day - Friday morning to weigh & don't have sneaky peeks!
Good luck x

Back