How do u cope when u feel like giving up

audfen

Hi everyone what do u all do when ur having a bad day or bad week do u give into tempetitation. Im trying so hard to stay on track but its just so hard a lot going on at the moment xx

Honestly I dont know is the answer. I am sitting here in my office , its miserable and the rain doesnt want to let up. You can see from my stats I have given into temptation alot this month and boy do I regret it. saying that , today I have eaten 2 yes 2 twix bars ! Keep going thats all you can do x

Its pouring rain here to. Its only thursday and im dreading weigh in on monday already im weighed on ny home scales this morning its not looking good. I just feel like going to the shop and buying lots of chocolate xx

Everyone has there bad week, I had one a couple of weeks ago, I was desperate for a kfc and I had lager and icecream cause of the nice weather and resulted in me putting a pound on, and I felt so bad about it afterwards so I was determined to get it back off so I was really good and lost 5 pounds this week. So if you think you can definitely get it off the following week so go for it

HannahElizabeth said:
Everyone has there bad week, I had one a couple of weeks ago, I was desperate for a kfc and I had lager and icecream cause of the nice weather and resulted in me putting a pound on, and I felt so bad about it afterwards so I was determined to get it back off so I was really good and lost 5 pounds this week. So if you think you can definitely get it off the following week so go for it

Wow 5lbs off fair play thats fantastic xx

My advice is , if you can find a low cal or fat free substitute for what you are craving take that and syn it.

Even Twix bars have a sustitute in the low fat cereal bars.

I am busy taking my own advice at present. I reached target and then piled it all back on again. What an idiot. I really regret it and when I reach target this time I am staying there.

Everything depends on you, no one else.

I make sure that I am armed with alternatives and loads of fruit when I go to work. I always have a couple of sachets of options in my bag and if I want a sweet fix I have a cup of chocolate with a spoonful of coffee added.............it really hits the spot. If I want savoury I have a ryvita with a laughing cow triangle of cheese with marmite or whatever low syn, low fat topping takes my fancy. Free yogurts are a life safer. Night time munching is fine if you freeze grapes and cherries and eat them like sweeties. I fill the hollow in a stick of celery with Philly low fat garlic and herb cheese.

I sound like a saint............I am not. I have so many false starts, given in so many times I feel like Mark Twain who said * giving up smoking is the easiest thing I have ever done. I do it everyday!*

Feeling fat, bloated and not like the rest of society is enough of an incentive for me. I loved being slimmer and as one friend said to me.............you look normal now. I walked like a slim person, dressed like one, had the energy of a slim person. I want to be that again and stay there so think hard and long before putting that chocolate bar ( or whatever) in your mouth.

You will resist because you can.

Good luck, stick with it........it is so hard at times but we will get there. Slimming World is such a generous diet we should never feel deprived.

hugs xx

Its pouring rain here to. Its only thursday and im dreading weigh in on monday already im weighed on ny home scales this morning its not looking good. I just feel like going to the shop and buying lots of chocolate xx

I am too a Monday weigher but in the evenings, dont get on your scales at home if I were you. I have started doing this and think that it had contributed to me slowing down with the weight loss. I am gonna get back to it tomorrow and try really hard. Good luck

Hiya the best thing I do is to make myself busy so then I just forget about wanting to reach for the high syn foods and if that doesn't work I have fruit or a yoghut :) Im not a saint by any means its taken me 2 years to get to my target and I just want to stay there :)

I come on here and read some of the success stories :)

I had a very bad weekend (well Sat - Wed....only 2 really bad days though) so trying to stay syn free until WI on Tuesday, but I'm really tempted by some choc biscuits...one would be 4 syns...which wouldn't be too bad, but I'm worried if I have one it will open the flood gates!!!!!

Going to have 100& weeks now until my sons Birthday (beginning of July) I just need to get WI over and done with so I can properly draw a line under it

Back