How do you cope cooking for others?

Hi all I'm a newbie I started Lipotrim tfr on Tuesday. Yesterday I really struggled, I woke up feeling awful and the day didn't get much better, but dinner time coking for the family was torture :eek:
I like to cook nice meals for them but found myself shoving pizzas in the oven, then literally sat out side in the garden, rocking with my arms around myself chanting I will not eat, I will not eat... Bet the neighbours thought I was loosing the plot :):)
So I was wondering how everyone else copes with cooking for families and do you have any strategies to make it easier.
On a positive note I feel better this morning :)

Hi Pepper pot, I cannot imagine how hard it is cooking for others. The first few days I did not even want to sit in the same room as my husband whilst he was eating!

I am on day 5 now and other people eating is not bothering me now at all, I cooked dinner for my husband and it was fine. It does get easier and you change your opinion on food almost I think, I just made sure I made my soup so it was ready at the same time as his dinner and that was fine for me!

Good luck, Kelly x

My sister made me cook her dinner (my favourite meal too) and it was really hard but it made me realise that I can resist food temptations and try to think of the benefits of the diet and stuff xxx

It does get easier, on my 3rd day I made a beef wellington for Sunday dinner and nearly cried that I couldn't eat my favourite dinner......I'm on week 4 now and cooking is not bothering me at all....in fact I am trying out different recipes and baking also (which I usually don't do) So my advise is persevere, you pizza night sounds like my wellington dinner, so I learned if I can get through that I can get through anything - Good Luck!!!

Back