How do you cope on budget

jacqui35

Silver Member
hi all

I get my money weekly, this weeks and next weeks have all got to go into the bank for d/d's that i have missed of the list :mad::mad:, so basically i dont have no money for bread milk or anything, but kids have freezer full of food.

I wont have no money for my milk, salad, fruit and fresh veg, the only thing i have in freezer is odd bag of veg which isnt much.

How do you cope or do i just leave the diet for next 2 weeks??, which i dont want to but i dont no if i do have a choice.

Ive asked my parents but they said no " you missed the payments of your list your problem grrrrr". but will give brother 95 for a stupid top :mad:

What im more upset about i asked for 30 so my son can go to his camp hol with school which has to be paid in by end of month and 20 for bits for this week and other kids school bus pass, now middle kid cant go to school trip and i lose the 30 ive already paid (deposit) and son has to walk a long way to school just feel so :jelous::jelous::jelous:

Sorry all im sick of feeling like this, if i wasnt a carer for youngest i would be at blooming work getting a normal social life not stuck in 24/7 talking to walls.

rant over :D

Hi Jacqui

HUGEST hugs coming your way. I'm afraid I have no advice to give on budgeting and SW but my son and I lived in a women's refuge for a while and then had to start out in a new town in a new place with no money whatsoever and I can remember what a struggle it was. I really really hope things improve for you soon xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Are you claiming everything you are entitled to? You should get extra if you are a carer to your son, does he get DLA?

Do you have any meals planned for the next fortnight - what will you eat instead of fresh fruit & veg?

I stock up on cheap tinned tomatoes, beans, tinned spaghetti, bags of pasta, poyatoes & onions. You can make a few cheap meals out of these!

Are you claiming everything you are entitled to? You should get extra if you are a carer to your son, does he get DLA? Yeah i get everything im entitled to but get it monthly and with family tax i pay all bills out of this, then weekly money is mine for me and kids, but this month i forgot to add to bills as youngest in after school club and had to pay 80 this month so this weeks money gone on that

Do you have any meals planned for the next fortnight - what will you eat instead of fresh fruit & veg?

I stock up on cheap tinned tomatoes, beans, tinned spaghetti, bags of pasta, poyatoes & onions. You can make a few cheap meals out of these!
I have tomatoes beans spaghetti loads of pasta, going to check pot in a min as been on red all week and if find some im gonna par boil them all and freeze them into chips and roasties, but when i do ee or green i tend not to lose and put on so was trying red to see if any better and tbh im starving.

Thanks for advice i thhink when kid is in bed as he reallly doing my head in atm as i got stuffed up nose (not his fault) i will check what i have in cupboards and maybe i could do mix2max and have me meat at night as i do have a bit in freezer its just the veggies to go with it:D thanks again

What im more upset about i asked for 30 so my son can go to his camp hol with school which has to be paid in by end of month and 20 for bits for this week and other kids school bus pass, now middle kid cant go to school trip and i lose the 30 ive already paid (deposit) and son has to walk a long way to school just feel so :jelous::jelous::jelous:

:D
I would certainly talk to the school. Children cannot be excluded from day trips in term time due to low income. All monies are on a voluntary basis and all schools have a fund for such cases like yours. My mum used to make a fridge soup at the end of the week. Any ageing veg was put in a big pot made into soup with some rice to add bulk and we lived on that for a couple of days Hope life gets better for you xx

I use a low of dried pulses and beans. Soak them overnight before use and rinse well then use like canned.
I make big pans of mixed bean chilli or just fry a red onion and then put the beans in and some veg stock and boil. I have that with quinoa and a pile of frozen veg.
Im training myself to eat frozen veg as in my mind its always yucky but I cant afford to buy loads of fresh so I have to try.
I do buy fresh fruit though as tinned isnt free.
I also make pasta sauce with whatever veg is cheap and tinned tomatos.
I agree that red is really difficult as I cant afford to have good quality meat every day so I tend to use extra easy instead.
Having money worries is a nightmare
love
Tab

i would speak to the school my son went on a trip a few weeks ago and i didnt have the money to pay for it but they still let him go and i am paying for it this week.

i would speak to the school my son went on a trip a few weeks ago and i didnt have the money to pay for it but they still let him go and i am paying for it this week.

I was thinking that i mean i worked out i can pay for it next thursday but thats after end of month, i wish it was a day trip but its a weekend away but not till next year, the 60 quid gotta be in for the end of november i paid 30, but i will speak with head and ask if i can pay it next thursday just 3 days later

Thanks all i have got next week food sorted im doing mix2max and weekend extra easy to use most stuff up, and mum going shopping soon so im gonna go with her and bang some stuff in her trolley without her knowing hehehe hope it will work :rolleyes:. She shouldnt mind, cos she owes me 500 which i fought i was getting this week or next, but not until 18th dec and i need to get eldest his xmas/birthday presents now im leaving that blooming late, good job got other two sorted phew

OH JUST SPOKE TO THE HEAD HE SAID SHOULDNT BE A PROBLEM JUST SPEAK TO HIS TEACHER, I THINK THEY DO THAT TO MAKE SURE PPL PAY, DEFO PAYING 10 A WEEK NOW, FEEL BIT BETTER NOW :D

glad you feeling better hunni things always turn out ok in the end these things are sent to test us xx

Back