How do you cope with evenings in front of the telly?

I'm always wanting to be snacking in the evening, so have taken to giving myself a manicure and pedicure, complete with polish instead of wandering into the kitchen and opening the fridge during the advert breaks, failing that i dust or get the cockateil out of the cage. Anyone got any other ideas for distraction?

Sometimes i just have to give in amd eat something, wether it be a few slices of ham or a mug shot, or a hot choc, that usuall works, or a nice cup of coffee with sweetner does the job

I'm afraid I lead a very boring life so that's what I do most nights. :sigh: I try to have a satisfying tea and save 90% of my syns so I can have them then. I have a bath with vanilla biscuit scented bubble bath, read and search for recipes on here. I've got netfliks on my tv so try to watch a different film everynight that I have to concentrate on.

I'm the same. Always want to snack during the evenings, I have my dinner about 6pm and later will usually have a ww hot choc later on to take the edge off the cravings!

Cross stitching or knitting for me. Its a fairly new hobby so I have to concentrate which takes my mind off food. Plus, its really difficult to stitch and eat at the same time! :p

I play games on facebook, it keeps my hands busy! I do save some syns for the evening, so if i'm watching tv I can have something nice. If its not hitting the spot I will have a diet cherry coke which is really yum and sweet, or some sugar free werthers, they are 1/2 a syn each and take ages to eat!

As I do green days , I have 2 HEBs so I always make sure I save one for the evening and have a couple of rocky road hifis and also save some syns for a Freddo or Mr Kipling lemon slice or something like that. It means I have a couple of treats to look forward to!

I save a healthy b and have weetabix crunchy bran in a bowl to nibble.

I always try and save all my Syns, if I can, for the evening and then I often have a bag of Quavers or Wotsits and some choc and feel like I'm being naughty :p

I LOVE gherkins, so sometimes I'll just a whole jar or cocktail gherkins in front of a film. A bit odd I know but they are superfree! Also knitting, crocheting, sewing - all great distractions from eating.

I save most of my syns for the evening and have a bit of chocolate after tea. I don't really watch telly, I'm usually on the Xbox so my hands are busy and that always helps :D

I have fruit?
I have grapes and apples and pick at them if I need to pick.

My distraction thing has always been a soak in the bath with a book but we moved a year ago and only have a shower cubicle here. We ordered our new bathroom yesterday, including A BATH *happy dance* so I am looking forward to resuming evening distraction soon.

Otherwise I have Options on standby and my big thing is toast in the evenings so I try to keep some syns back for that, as generally I have used my HEXB for breakfast. Once the weather gets warmer I'll be more up for fruit and yogurt for breakfast and can save my HEXB for later.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I often have a chopped apple with yogurt in a bowl. It does help. Good luck.

Back