How do you cope with stress???

ButtonsTheSuperCat

Silver Member
Stressful day :-( Spent six and a half grand on a car that practically broke down by the time I got it home! Usually I'd dive for the chocolate and alcohol but tonight I managed to rip open a pack of ready cooked chicken and finished it off with two giant flat mushrooms with balsamic vinegar! So although I 'cheated' it was as healthy as it could be (and carb free). How do you cope with stress on this diet???

I have an Atkins chocolate crisp bar on standby! It's so hard as I have a stressful job and 2 small kids and I'm a definite stress eater. The atkins bar is cheating, but it stops me eating 'real food' and isn't nice enough that I'd want two (btw I had two once, never again, worst stomach cramps ever).

Normally, a bottle of wine and whatever food leaps to mind. I've only been on Exante for a week so far, but on the two occasions this week when I would once have grabbed the Sauv Blanc, I managed to avoid it. One evening I had a hot bath even though it was ridiculously early, and the other I told myself I would work for an hour before caving in, and by the time the hour was up, the danger had passed.

I did have a few other risky patches this week. I survived one of them by making an espresso and drinking it slowly, and got through the other one by signing up for this forum and posting here for the first time!

Oh no that's horrible!! Did you buy it privately or through a dealer?? Did you get it sorted out??

I've just been crying when I've been stressed at the minute!! Lol I'm a blubbering mess lol

Luckily through a dealer so they are going to fix it, but their mechanic is on holiday for a fortnight! :-(

And now today I have a 17 year old daughter who's really sick but has an
A-Level exam this afternoon :-( So rushing round seeing doctors and examiners trying to sort something out :-(

Thankfully it was through a dealer!! Do they know what's wrong with it?

Oh no! Hope you get sorted!!!

Mass flywheel something-or-other?! Very expensive is all I know. They mentioned maybe having to take the car and give us our money back :-( it's taken so long to find this one. But luckily they are just going to fix it. (Fingers, toes and everything crossed!)

Got letter from doc, picked up antibiotics, been to see the exam coordinator, exams all sorted, daughter medicated and tucked up in bed. Time to put the kettle on.

Am quite pleased, and rather surprised, that I'm not yearning for the snack cupboard!!!

Glad everythings all sorted!! hope your daughter is feeling better soon too!!

stay away from the snack cupboard lol!! =D

Duel mass fly wheel and usually the clutch need changed at the same time. Happened to me at Xmas last year. Cost me £550 for both to be done but I bought the parts and took them to a garage . They make out its the end of the world but its about a 3-5 hour job.

Thanks Watty, that doesn't sound too bad. Esp as the garage has its own in-house mechanic. Apparently it doesn't have a clutch cos it's automatic. Gonna get it checked over thoroughly while it's there.

What car was it? Some 'newer' automatics do have a form of a clutch rather than a torque converter than before. I know they're doing the right thing by having it back and repairing it but they're not making you wait for the mechanic to come back from holiday and leaving you without a car are they?!

2007 Audi A4. They are giving us a courtesy car while its in. Must admit, can't fault the chap for customer service. Just hope that's all that's wrong with it!

Oh gosh! What a time you are having. I normally grab the chocolate. Last night stressed and had a ryvita. So did cheat but not by much

I ate half a French fry dipped in mayo! Can't make up my mind how naughty that was?!

Well done you Buttons for not caving, hope you get the car sorted quickly & hope your daughter s feeling much better soon, my 16yr old son is just sitting his GCSE's at the moment so stress is our middle name!!! Keep going, you are doing a great job :)

Back