How do you keep yourself going on a tough day?

kjs1628

Surely....
I've had such a lovely day; a long autumn walk in the glorious sunshine with my family and some friends. But my lord, it's a day for hot chocolate and sausage cobs!!!

It's been the first day where I've really craved proper food. Despite catching myself in the mirror two or three times and being able to see I've lost weight, I am still struggling.

What do you guys do on days like this to kick yourself up the backside?

I haven't cheated....but I reeeeaaaallllyyyy want to!!!!

Help!

I feel your pain! Im sat on the settee and i really want to eat the apple go ahead bars that are in the cupboard, im really peckish! Im going to look at the pics of my flab on my phone!

Im going to start a new book and have a big cup of tea! Sending you positive thoughts xx

I usually have a hot bath or distract myself but it is so hard

I just remind myself that I will be so disappointed the next day. I am so afraid of failing this diet that I just have to stay strong

If you fancy a hot chocolate why not warm up a chocolate shake in the microwave? I have been having one every evening since the weather turned colder..... sad when thats what i spend all day looking forward to haha

Ooh gemzy, should have thought of that.....thanks! Will remember next time.

I look forward to my chocolate bar ALL day so completely understand! X

On days like well today LOL

Warm shakes
Lots of chai tea or your favourite news/flavoured coffee

Comforting options
Make a little chicken broth or bullion and throw in veg
Omlette
Fish with roast veggies

Keep warm relax, read, watch a dvd, chill :)

There are certain things which we respond to with certain foods - obviously for you a lovely autumn walk is followed by hot choc and sausage cobs! These are the hardest things to resist because they are a surprise when the wish comes on us and we have somehting in our brain which associates them together. Now that you know that you can compensate as best you can - with things like the hot choc shake. One of the most powerful things about this diet is that it exposses all of these unconcious food links. Although that makes it hard it also makes it more likely that you will maintain at the end if you spend the time to learn and understand them.

I agree totally! I have noticed I pair food with the silliest of things! For instance true blood started back on tv and I couldn't for the life of me think why I couldn't get comfy and get into it hubby then reminded me I usually have a bag of Doritos and dip with true blood! Same with other programmes I seemed to have been munching my way through them! Different programmes different snacks! I am totally in shock at how much I used to put away just watching tv!

So far I've only had an odd wobble, but I've made a deal with myself. I'm an adult and I have choices, so as long as I make that choice in full knowledge of the consequences, then it's ok to make. So, packet of maltesers and 3 days of hell with the worst headache in the world whilst feeling ill with hunger and being nauseaus and cranky followed by a real downer when the scales go the wrong way - or just have another glass of water. So far I've resisted the maltesers :p

Back