How do you know when to stop?

** Just Jools **

Slow & steady does it!!!!
Not sure this thread is in the right place or even if it'll make any sense but here goes!

How did you all know when to stop dieting & start on the road of maintenance?

Did you choose a weight to reach? A dress size? A BMI?

I'm only asking because I always thought I'd be happy at a dress size 12.

To be honest I think I probably thought this because I never, ever in my wildest dreams imagined I'd ever be a dress size 12 but I've nearly done it!!

I know that perhaps my head hasn't yet caught up with how I really look but when I look in the mirror I'm still not happy with what I see.

My worry is that I'll never be happy with what I see, so do I just stop at the 12 I'd originally planned to be or do I try to lose a bit more & get to a size 10 & see how I feel?

Logically my head knows I look a million times better now that I did when I was a dress size 24 at the start of my journey but I guess I thought when I got "there" I'd look at myself in the mirror each morning & be jumping for joy & I'm not!

Any help advice from those who reached goal would be very much appreciated. x x

Hiya, you have done SO brilliantly, congrats! I think you just need time for your mind to catch up with your body, to halve your size, going from a 24 to a 12 is a phenominal achievement and you should be very very proud.

Be careful about going down another size as you don't want to be too thin either.:)

Thanks so much Lyn. That's very sweet of you. I think you're right. It's probably more in my head than anything else. I'll probably give it a few weeks/months to get used to it & I can always lose a little more I guess.

Good luck on your journey, you're doing brilliantly yourself. x x

SUPER STAR Jools i am very much the same if it loose more to get into the 9'sssss!

But have said im going to take the pressure off myself now, if i do then that be great.!!

But now i love myself so much more now and love wearing size 10'12's now so will carry on with WW. xx

All the very best chick, KEEP SMILING XXXX

You guys have done soooo well. You are a true insparation to those of us (like me) who have yet to get anywhere near target. I keep thinking that I'll be happy being a 14/16 as can't remember ever being there. I've always been big and don't want to loose me. however, reading what you've all said, when I get there, maybe that won't be enough - who knows. can't wait to get there and find out!

Good luck with your choices.
xx

really well done jools, i think there is no time to stop really. it should be part of your life now so it shouldn't feel like you are dieting anymore. i think that is the problem with alot of these diets, your always running for the finish line and yet whenyou have it in sight its already moving ahead. keep your motivation up and keep doing what youre doing:)

sorry if i come across as pessimistic but have experience with diets in the past and they didn't work for me long term but horses for courses;) good luck and keep posting!!

oh and i am the same with the ideal weight and not being happy with it!! its just a part of us as humans to want to better ourselves all the time i guess.

SUPER STAR Jools i am very much the same if it loose more to get into the 9'sssss!

But have said im going to take the pressure off myself now, if i do then that be great.!!

But now i love myself so much more now and love wearing size 10'12's now so will carry on with WW. xx

All the very best chick, KEEP SMILING XXXX

Hey Shanny. Thanks hun. Well done you too!

I think you're right. I'll be starting on the road to maintenance soon so I think I'll just see how it goes & see if I still feel I need to lose more in a few months time.

Have a great Friday. x x :)

You guys have done soooo well. You are a true insparation to those of us (like me) who have yet to get anywhere near target. I keep thinking that I'll be happy being a 14/16 as can't remember ever being there. I've always been big and don't want to loose me. however, reading what you've all said, when I get there, maybe that won't be enough - who knows. can't wait to get there and find out!

Good luck with your choices.
xx

Good luck on your journey. Thanks for popping by.

I've always been big too & I think that's the problem. I've never really know anything else and although this time I said "I'll do it" that's what I've always said before & I never did. This time I actually did "do it" & it's taking my head a while to come to terms with it.

You'll be fine. Keep up the good work.

Have a great day. x x :)

really well done jools, i think there is no time to stop really. it should be part of your life now so it shouldn't feel like you are dieting anymore. i think that is the problem with alot of these diets, your always running for the finish line and yet whenyou have it in sight its already moving ahead. keep your motivation up and keep doing what youre doing:)

sorry if i come across as pessimistic but have experience with diets in the past and they didn't work for me long term but horses for courses;) good luck and keep posting!!

oh and i am the same with the ideal weight and not being happy with it!! its just a part of us as humans to want to better ourselves all the time i guess.

Hiya. I meant stop losing weight every week & start on the road to maintenance but you're right it will be part of my new life.

It's a weird feeling knowing I soon won't be losing weight anymore as I'll "be there" but it's probably my head just messing me around.

You're right though. It's probably human nature to want to constantly push to be better.

Good luck on your journey.

Have a lovely day. x x :)

Thanks Jools...

Hope one day soon in the near future, I'll be posting I've lost it all and it's gone forever...Hopefully won't be that too far off as with Go Lower I am loosing quickly at the moment.

Good luck with maintaining and I hope your head catches up with your body soon.

xx

Thanks.

Get a ticker sorted out so we can all see how well you're doing! x :D

Back