How do you know when you're undereating?

LisaC

Gold Member
This past two weeks I've not been as hungry as normal. I decided to track my calories using an app on my phone which is accurate. Quite a few days it says my daily total intake is around 1300-1400 calories which is ok if I want to lose weight but I'm doing exercise around 5 days a week & often burn 200-500 calories a time so some days after my workout my calorie total is 900ish.

I've done SW since 2009 & know it like the back of my hand & I know to eat when I'm hungry & stop when I'm satisfied. But if my intake is so low & I'm just not hungry, is it possible I'm not eating enough & that can be effecting my weigh ins? Last week I STS & this week I gained 0.5lb, despite being 100% on plan both weeks. I snack on Superfree all day but the last couple of weeks I've only had a couple of pieces of fruit (rather than the 5/6 I'd usually have) as I've not been as hungry. I don't like to count calories as I love just sticking to SW & the principles but it may be I'm undereating. I just can't see how it's ok to make myhself eat more when I'm not hungry, which is the point of SW...??

I think it is entirely possible that you are pushing yourself too low with the exercise. Maybe try having a banana before you work out and perhaps another one later, just to top you up and see if that makes a difference.

I think it is entirely possible that you are pushing yourself too low with the exercise. Maybe try having a banana before you work out and perhaps another one later, just to top you up and see if that makes a difference.

I usually workout around 2hours after my dinner, so in between that time I'm never hungry enough to eat a pre-workout snack. I have been eating a banana with yogurt after my workout.

Back