How do you manage your cravings?

If I have chocolate around the house, I tend to disregard my syns and eat the whole packet!
I have now resolved in not having any around, even though sometimes I'd fancy a nibble but I'm afraid of the amount I'd eat if I'd have any!:sigh:

Could you give me any tips to stop pigging out and enjoying just a small bit? How to stop myself when it's enough?

Its taken 2 years to figure out that husband and myself cannot have biscuits cake, ice cream, chocolate , lollies basically anything that is sweet in the house. We are pigs when it comes to the sweet stuff husband loves Magnums we have to buy them singly because he would eat 3 in a box, Im the same with cakes.

So back to the cravings question I manage them by having nothing in the house but fruit for the sweet cravings. We often say we cant be trusted to have anything remotely sweet in the house. There isnt any other way for me I ANNOY MYSELF BEING SO WEAK LOL!!
Hope you find what works for you.

I have lots of syn free yoghurts so if I do feel a bit peckish I just grab one of those :)

I've stopped buying biscuits and chocolate but sometimes have a 2 bar kitkat (5 or 5.5syns). To stop evening nibbling I have a meringue nest (3 syns) with strawberries and blueberries with syn free yogurt or creme fraiche. I recently made SW trifles and admit to eating a couple of sponge fingers - the crunchy ones - when I've really had a craving and had nothing else in the house. lol Only 1 syn each

I really learnt to not pig out when I joined slimming world as other half always had loads of sweet things on an evening, before I joined I used to join him but I had to stop otherwise I'd know I'd have to explain to everyone at group why I wasn't loosing and possibly why I was gaining. My self control is great now and I easily say no when he's having a treat, he's better at it now and doesn't eat as much either, I think the fact that I don't do it makes him feel bad about it as he has said before that if I ate as well he would eat more.

i used to struggle but something has just clicked this time in my head boredom was my worst but now if im bored i go for a bath read a book or get on my wii and excercise oh and i always reach for a syn free snack like home made syn free hummus and carrot batons as i love it

I was ill recently and couldn't get to the shops. There were no sweets or chocolates in the flat and for some reason it didn't bother me at all. If there had been (and sometimes there are!!) then they would all have been eaten. It was a good lesson - can't eat what isn't there!!

One thing I find useful (other people may think it is daft) is NOT to use the word "craving". It seems to me to be a word that makes just fancying stuff one shouldn't have into something more important and significant, and out of one's control. It's not like pregnant women wanting to eat coal and kippers!

Back