How do you manage?

Seacrest

L'appetit vient en mang't
Well, I weighed myself this morning and I hate the scales again... I understand SW plan & I know what I'm doing. Sure, like everyone, I mess it up sometimes or make an assumption about quantities or something being free & its not etc, but generally I 'get it'. I weigh & measure, plan & prepare etc etc, and then lose some weight.

However, my loss is slo-o-o-w & I'm frustrated by this. Ive even started comparing myself (badly) against other peoples successes. My problem is breaking the plan: First of all it was a weekend away in London (small gain), then a weeks holiday (large gain), then the Easter weekend away (medium gain). Now I've just spent a long weekend in Italy, where despite trying to make all the right choices, I appear to have gained 2 & a half pounds again. Next week I'm on a business trip to the States, followed by a weekend in the UK - both probably resulting in more gains.

I'm at my wits end, becuase when I'm away I deny myself some lovely food to try to make the best educated guesses about what will fit into the plan (& eat my weight in free foods such as fruit & veg), but the results show each time & each time feels like a setback. I sometimes take foods with me - but in reality thats not the solution, particularly when I'm catered for.

How do you manage - or should I just mentally re-adjust in some way & accept it? I could do with some help, as its really beginning to disappoint me & affect my motivation. :cry:

If you are making the right choices while away theres no reason you shouldn't be losing. STS maybe, maybe a small gain if you are dodgy with the diet that week/weekened but having large gains...are you sure you're drinking enough etc...i don't think its just the diet. i've had a few weeks where i've gone off plan for a day or too and never gained more than 1.5lb (actually the week I gained 1.5lb I was fully on plan). Try writing down what you eat, don't assume that what your eating from a restaurant is free, make sure you count those syns for oil and other bits the are likely to add in.

I had 3 weeks where I went slightly off plan, I lost 1/2 lb each week. The last 2 weeks I stayed 100% on plan and I had a 1/2 gain the first week, which I put down to catch up from the week before and a lb gain this week. I'm putting that down to the 30 day shred as I started it on Saturday, I just really hope I loose this week otherwise I'll cry. I don't want to stop the shred as I know its doing me some good and I'd rather weigh more and be toned then weigh less and not look as good, but at the same time muscle doesn't weight that much, I desperately want to get just below my target weight, but at this rate I'm going to be out of my target range if I keep gaining after good weeks

Ally, thanks for your response. I don't think I explained myself properly (thats the trouble with unburdening yourself - not always logical!). I try always to fill up on the free foods (ones I know are free such as fresh fruit, boiled eggs etc, and also stick to my red or green days. I faithfully (obsessively?) write everything I eat. However, I also know that when eating out / aircraft food / catered situations, that some of the food isn't going to be free (pasta sauces, use of oil, etc). The problem comes when I have to eat some of those items or cant measure my HEX A or B, & the resulting gain. If I'm away for some period of time, situations occur when I can't avoid eating the things which are not syn free. It would be either that or starve!

I guess I'm just wondering if I should reassess my goals & accept that if I travel, there's likely to be consequences!

To be honest the less weight you have to loose the harder it is to loose. You just need to focus on how you feel and try to not worry about the number on the scales so much.

It does sound like a frustrating situation.

It's so easy to say just stick with it but it's so frustrating when the scales don't reflect the thought and effort you put in.
I suppose you must look at it as you did the best you could and if you had not have tried to eat healthily the gains would have been worse.

I'm on week 2 of the scales being nasty, I'm fed up already. Going to keep going and hopefully get a nice lose soon.

Don't compare yourself with other people - everyone is different and each weight loss journey is different too.

Stick with it and you will get there, all in good time.

Not being funny or anything but at 5ft9 tall and a bmi of 21.9 do you not think maybe your body is telling you it doesnt want to lose more weight?

It may well have just settled at a weight it feels is right for you.

Just my 2 pennies worth

Thanks for all the input.

Donna, I hope you get a loss soon - there's quite an interesting thread on here about excercise & weight loss, which might give you some positive info. I'm sure you're looking better already though.

Daisykins - yes it is frustrating & I hope you get a good loss this week. As Princess Stevie says - keep with it & we'll all get there :)

Princess Stevie, you're right of course - I know that underneath, but it's certainly feeling like a hard slog!

Hey Paul, since when did my body get the right to choose for me! I'm sure not if you're right, but sure, as both you & Equi indicated, I'm not expecting big losses. Some loss would still be appreciated though!

Back