How do you replace bread

roxy222

Hi everyone i feel i manage well on slimming world apart from my love of bread, I have changed to nimble bread and eat 2-3 slices per day i do take 2 as healthy extra but has anyone found a good replacement for bread?

you could syn it, I dont really eat bread so i cant really help but usually what you can put in a sarnie you can have with a jacket spud!

hth

I have stopped having bread apart from at weekends!!!!

Its just too much hassle and syns cos i love Warburtons Extra Thick toastie!!! gah!!!

x

Im not big on bread so dont bother having it unless I really fancy it or am using breadcrumbs in a recipe.

But if you really want it then have it and syn it, sometimes replacements just dont cut it so why feel ripped off with second best lol :D

I have stopped having bread apart from at weekends!!!!

Its just too much hassle and syns cos i love Warburtons Extra Thick toastie!!! gah!!!

x

Me too!! I do that! There is nothing like a slice of Warby's ET toast with some real butter .. only problem is stopping at one slice :D

I too have cut out bread in the week, and have a couple of slices at the weekend - I feel so much better for this, not so bloated and my IBS is a thing of the past (thanks to the SW plan). I've replaced bread with Ryvita Wholegrain crackerbread & vary amounts (6 slices is Hx fibre). Fav lunch at the moment in this cold weather is portion of SW Carrot & Coriander soup (syn free) followed by 4 above Ryvitas and a couple of Laughing Cow Blue Cheese Deli squares with fruit. Absolutely yum !

I had a slice of thick white toastie bread this mornin, you cant beat it and it was worth the 5 syns :)

Me too! I have tried replacing bread with scanbran but it just isn't the same:cry:

I LOVE bread and bread like things (bagels, croissants etc) and Pre SW i could easily have had 4 or more slices a day. The purchase of the bread maker was the begining of the weight gain!!

I have just gone cold turkey and dont really have any at all now. I would have had maybe 2 THICK slices of toast for brekki with butter and tons of honey. I know have cereal and fruit, which is more filling than the toast. The HEB of toast just wouldnt fill me up.
I now have a proper lunch not just a sandwich and then still be hungry and snack all afternoon.

Once you get rid of the bread craving and start eating better more filling breakfasts and lunchs you wont miss the bread.

I love bread but I'm the only one that eats wholemeal/healthy bread (I love Hovis Rich & Roasted), so it's just not worth buying it just for me. I get the WW thick sliced and end up throwing half of that away. I thought I'd really miss it, but I don't.

You can't truly replace it. I used to eat 3-4 slices per meal at my worst - usually plastered with Lurpak:eek:

I now alternate between Warburtons 400g wholemeal and currently trying Weightwatchers Danish 400g wholemeal as it is 3 slices allowance instead of 2! - gread for bread lovers.

I miss my french stick, bagels, tiger bread, hedgehog bread, Warburtons extra thick etc.

But, I've committed to this so will have to get on with it. I have even started to enjoy all types of crispbread, so not all bad news.

I love bread but I'm the only one that eats wholemeal/healthy bread (I love Hovis Rich & Roasted), so it's just not worth buying it just for me. I get the WW thick sliced and end up throwing half of that away. I thought I'd really miss it, but I don't.
I am in the same boat - what i do is make up 5 or 6 sandwiches when i buy it on a friday and put them in the freezer. and then take them out in the mornings.
and the few bits that are left over i use over the weekend for toast at breakfast time

I now alternate between Warburtons 400g wholemeal and currently trying Weightwatchers Danish 400g wholemeal as it is 3 slices allowance instead of 2! - gread for bread lovers.

Actually, WW danish wholemeal is still 2 slices as a HEB. The 3 slices is for WW danish BROWN bread.

I used to always have bread as a HE, but more recently over the last few months I started eating more Cereal, Alpen Lights or using Ryvita WG CrackerBread (6 as a HEB) which I think is a good replacement.
As I do green days mostly I try to add potatoes, pasta, rice or Cous Cous to replace the bread.

I miss my bread so much. Tiger bread is my fav and by god do i miss it, Trouble is once I syned a little of it i would not be able to stop there so i have just stopped buying it completly.

I have the ww brown danish and i think its the best bread you can get for the amount your allowed. 3 slices for a heb. You honestly cant find a replacement for bread. But just choose where you use it carefully. I find you enjoy it more if you have something like a chip butty with tea rather than slices of toast with breakfast. Also, fill the cupboards with alternatives - like alpen light bars. Then when the alternative is something really good, youll be willing to do without it. The only other thing is to syn it if you really cant do without it....the ww danish brown is 2 syns a slice which i think is well worth it for that chip butty!!

Back