How do you replace bread

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by roxy222, 19 October 2010 Social URL.

1. roxy222

roxy222 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.23%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi everyone i feel i manage well on slimming world apart from my love of bread, I have changed to nimble bread and eat 2-3 slices per day i do take 2 as healthy extra but has anyone found a good replacement for bread?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kissme

kissme Gold Member

you could syn it, I dont really eat bread so i cant really help but usually what you can put in a sarnie you can have with a jacket spud!

hth

4. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

I have stopped having bread apart from at weekends!!!!

Its just too much hassle and syns cos i love Warburtons Extra Thick toastie!!! gah!!!

x

5. Fulltum

Fulltum Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(11.2%)
    Diet:
    Paleo/Primal
    Im not big on bread so dont bother having it unless I really fancy it or am using breadcrumbs in a recipe.

But if you really want it then have it and syn it, sometimes replacements just dont cut it so why feel ripped off with second best lol :D

6. mazziecoupe

mazziecoupe Full Member

Me too!! I do that! There is nothing like a slice of Warby's ET toast with some real butter .. only problem is stopping at one slice :D

7. JAM21

JAM21 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st3lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(10.83%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I too have cut out bread in the week, and have a couple of slices at the weekend - I feel so much better for this, not so bloated and my IBS is a thing of the past (thanks to the SW plan). I've replaced bread with Ryvita Wholegrain crackerbread & vary amounts (6 slices is Hx fibre). Fav lunch at the moment in this cold weather is portion of SW Carrot & Coriander soup (syn free) followed by 4 above Ryvitas and a couple of Laughing Cow Blue Cheese Deli squares with fruit. Absolutely yum !

8. Kater-tater

Kater-tater Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I had a slice of thick white toastie bread this mornin, you cant beat it and it was worth the 5 syns :)

9. kerry b

kerry b Silver Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    Its just too much hassle and syns cos i love Warburtons Extra Thick toastie!!! gah!!!

Me too! I have tried replacing bread with scanbran but it just isn't the same:cry:

10. emma-louise

emma-louise Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(19.2%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    just wondering how much bread you would usually eat? (ie. preSW) as to me 2-3 slices a day seems plenty, but each to their own obviously ;) xx

11. *honey

*honey Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(8.33%)
    Diet:
    Slim fast
    I LOVE bread and bread like things (bagels, croissants etc) and Pre SW i could easily have had 4 or more slices a day. The purchase of the bread maker was the begining of the weight gain!!

I have just gone cold turkey and dont really have any at all now. I would have had maybe 2 THICK slices of toast for brekki with butter and tons of honey. I know have cereal and fruit, which is more filling than the toast. The HEB of toast just wouldnt fill me up.
    I now have a proper lunch not just a sandwich and then still be hungry and snack all afternoon.

Once you get rid of the bread craving and start eating better more filling breakfasts and lunchs you wont miss the bread.

12. Sparky67

Sparky67 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(18.45%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I love bread but I'm the only one that eats wholemeal/healthy bread (I love Hovis Rich & Roasted), so it's just not worth buying it just for me. I get the WW thick sliced and end up throwing half of that away. I thought I'd really miss it, but I don't.

13. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - The one that works!
    You can't truly replace it. I used to eat 3-4 slices per meal at my worst - usually plastered with Lurpak:eek:

I now alternate between Warburtons 400g wholemeal and currently trying Weightwatchers Danish 400g wholemeal as it is 3 slices allowance instead of 2! - gread for bread lovers.

I miss my french stick, bagels, tiger bread, hedgehog bread, Warburtons extra thick etc.

But, I've committed to this so will have to get on with it. I have even started to enjoy all types of crispbread, so not all bad news.

14. bigbelly79

bigbelly79 Full Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    I am in the same boat - what i do is make up 5 or 6 sandwiches when i buy it on a friday and put them in the freezer. and then take them out in the mornings.
    and the few bits that are left over i use over the weekend for toast at breakfast time

15. Mummy_Helen

Mummy_Helen Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(25.12%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Actually, WW danish wholemeal is still 2 slices as a HEB. The 3 slices is for WW danish BROWN bread.

16. Meli

Meli Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I used to always have bread as a HE, but more recently over the last few months I started eating more Cereal, Alpen Lights or using Ryvita WG CrackerBread (6 as a HEB) which I think is a good replacement.
    As I do green days mostly I try to add potatoes, pasta, rice or Cous Cous to replace the bread.

17. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - The one that works!
    You're so right of course Helen, I got the "wholemeal" thing on my brain:)

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Crazyarmywife

Crazyarmywife Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(18.22%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I miss my bread so much. Tiger bread is my fav and by god do i miss it, Trouble is once I syned a little of it i would not be able to stop there so i have just stopped buying it completly.

20. Kyzi

Kyzi Member

Start Weight:
    10st2lb
    Current Weight:
    9st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(4.23%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have the ww brown danish and i think its the best bread you can get for the amount your allowed. 3 slices for a heb. You honestly cant find a replacement for bread. But just choose where you use it carefully. I find you enjoy it more if you have something like a chip butty with tea rather than slices of toast with breakfast. Also, fill the cupboards with alternatives - like alpen light bars. Then when the alternative is something really good, youll be willing to do without it. The only other thing is to syn it if you really cant do without it....the ww danish brown is 2 syns a slice which i think is well worth it for that chip butty!!

21. carly taylor

carly taylor Likes food too much!

Start Weight:
    12st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante Total
    Scan Bran anyone? Bought some tonight to try lol

22. silly sausage

silly sausage Peas on Earth

Start Weight:
    18st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(15.89%)
    Diet:
    SW veggie
    Good luck! lol Don't fancy them myself :eek:

I still eat bread, but have been trying to vary my HeBs recently with nuts and dried fruit.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.