How Do You See Yourself?

dukannotsofatty

Gold Member
Do you have an image of what you will look like when you lose your weight? Did you have one before reaching TW?

A few years ago I decided to have a go at the Paul McKenna 'I can make you thin'. On the CD, part of the hypnosis bit is to ask you to visualise yourself, and step into the body.

For a long time I could never see past the BIG me. Then one day an image just popped into my mind and thats stuck. I'm wearing jeans and a white t-shirt. Nothing adventerous I know, but I can see my shape too, not totally thin, but not like I was. A bit of shape to my waist and hips.

what about you?

Im slightly biggers than i imagined id look. But im happy. If i was in my twentys or thirty id want to be a lot smaller but im happy at 49.

I can't imagine it, I am not really sure that I look an awful lot different now than I did when I started and I am over a stone lighter. I did ask DH is I looked different but I can't tell. Maybe it is different as I only have 2 stone to lose?

Yes like this, in them jeans, grey T-shirt, tan wedge shoes and that belt!! This is what I will look like and what I will be wearing at our meeting in February!

Nice one becs.

I think we have an image and it doesn't matter if it looks same or not, its the fact we have a picture in our heads, and that losing weight should give us confidence to believe we are that image.

Its taken me years to get an image that didn't still show a blob!!!!

I don't have an image, but I keep picturing the inlaws faces when we show up at New Year! They have no idea we're on diets, but the difference is noticable and we still have 2 more months to go. Their first comments are always "Ooo, you're looking very well" to me or "ooo, have you put on weight" to DH.

Oooo that would be a good photo opportunity, of their faces that is. LOL

I love the good comments. Saw my parents today and they both said how well I look and proud too. Its all thanks to them, and esp mum that I am on dukan in the first place.

I'm really hoping they say something to positive to DH, he has worked really hard. However, going on their previous record, I doubt a positive comment will happen, but i can still live in hope!
DNSF- you have done brilliantly, I'm not surprised you have proud parents.

I know where you are coming from - I couldn't imagine how I would look at TW and the reality is probably a little bit bigger than I would DREAM to be!!! However the strangest thing was trying on clothes and everything looking okay - some things were better than others obviously but it was a revelation not to have to dress a certain way to hide things!!! I have had to teach myself to buy clothes that look super nice and not just okay cos they fit!!! Old habits die hard!!! LOL! x

Back