How does a gain affect you ?

Fatladyslim

Well this week I gained 2lb :( and I forgot how much I let it affect me (did SW before). As soon as I walk out of group I feel like crying, it puts me in a foul mood for the rest of the day.
I know I shouldn't get like this and I should focus on the positives like how much I've lost etc but it still gets me down.

is anyone else like this?

Feel the same especially if I've been 100% all week and then step on the scales and they say a gain!

Glad it's not just me then lol

I get pretty demotivated if it's a gain. . Generally end up angry for a good 48 hours

Just fight to keep maintaining! !

It is very hard facing those scales weekly xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Yes I hate it and get in a grump. Especially when the cause is IBS, constipation and time of the month (or in my case time of the week!)

Sent from my GT-P5110 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I haven't had a gain yet, but everyone does at some point so I'm sure I will too. I'm pretty sure I'll spit my dummy out of the pram! There's nothing worse than a gain when you've had a 100% week, I guess its just a matter of drawing a line under it and moving on x

Yep totally the same if I don't feel like I deserve it - sometimes that results in me buying and eating half of Sainsbury's afterwards, other times I take it better and just get on with it and straight back on plan, taking the approach that if I truly deserved it I'll get rewarded the next week :) Totally depends on my starting mood haha xx

This happened to me last week. I was good all week, then I gained 3lb. The week before I had been an angel too so it can't have been the after effects of a bad week. I stepped off the scales so annoyed and when my consultant was talking to me in image therapy, I had to fight back the tears. She asked me all sorts of questions to try and understand why I had gained but there was no reason. I drink plenty, I measure and weigh my healthy extras and my syns. I am constantly checking things on lifeline online. I eat my super free. If it had been half a pound I would still have been annoyed but I wouldn't have been so upset.
It wouldn't be so bad but I have been following the plan for 10 weeks and I don't seem to be getting anywhere. I have (after the gain) only lost 2.5lb. I know it works as I followed the plan several years ago so I'm not sure why it's not working at the minute.

I haven't let it affect this week tho. I have continued to follow plan. I am still weighing and measuring healthy extras and syns and checking everything online. If I don't see a loss this week however, I'm not sure I will be so strong.

Back