How Does Body Magic Work?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by krupskaya, 2 January 2011 Social URL.

1. krupskaya

krupskaya Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(12.22%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - green
    Body Magic has never been explained to me so I would appreciate your help. What do you have to do to qualify for bronze, silver and gold? TIA!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Uphillstruggle

Uphillstruggle Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.39%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    There are basically 3 awards for doing regular exercise which increase in difficulty from Bronze to Silver to Gold depending on how much you do.

I'm working on Silver (online) which is basically completing 90 minutes exercise over at least three days in the week. I think for gold it is 120 minutes over 5 days. Bronze is an hour over 2 I think.

You make a record of what activity you did and for how long. On the website it then records it in a chart and then when you reach the award (you have to sustain it for four consequetive weeks) you get a little badge thing.

I'm basically doing a one-hour slot with a personal trainer every sunday and then I do my homework workout (30 minutes) on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. So I think I'd actually qualify for Gold award but I'll get the silver first so I have at least 8 weeks worth of motivation :)

I know it sounds silly but the thought of getting the little silver thing to put on here is actually motivating me to stick to it!

There are also Body Magic challenges where you do a task like climbing a mountain but you do it in stages so for example if it is 20 miles then you record every time you do some running how far you ran and then when it adds up to 20 miles you would get the body magic challenge completed like "I climbed a mountain".

I think this concept is a bit silly!! SO I'm sticking with the medal awards :)

4. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

do you have to fill out a log to get the award??? do you have to ask your consultant for this award?

x

5. xSue

xSue Member

Start Weight:
    13st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(24.42%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I've been thinking about this too. It never really gets mentioned in class. I think getting an award would help to motivate me too.

6. PurpleSky

PurpleSky banana phone

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(26.02%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Its exercise bascially and its getting you into exercising and doing it with continuity, I'm doing my bronze atm. You need the FIT logs and say to your c your starting and also fill them in and then after four weeks hand them in with all the details of regular exercise down.

7. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

sounds good to me - i got to the gym 3 x a week for about an hour....not sure if that qualifies for a sticker!! x

8. PurpleSky

PurpleSky banana phone

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(26.02%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Yes that would just ask your c and you have to record it and keep it constant for 4 weeks for bronze :D. Its all in your sw starter pack

9. beckythump

beckythump Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Am new to all of this too - I haven't done SW for about 8 years.

If I'm training for 5 hours sports training per week for and doing 4 1/2 hours per week in the gym too would that get me through to a gold sticker?

10. Jennyonaplate

Jennyonaplate Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've never really got those body magic logs, it just doesn't seem as easy as the food diary, or how the body magic book makes it sound- makes me think I'm missing something!

In our class one of the target members does the body magic awards, and it seems to work well. I'll find out for myself when ai finally pull my finger out!!

11. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - The one that works!
    I got the gold award last week for walking a minimum of 1.5 miles per day for the last 16 weeks. Another 8 for the platinum award woo hoo.

Basically just do a minimum of 20 minutes exercise at least 5 times per week and maintain it - or something like that.

12. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW

What you will have to do is get your fitlogs from class and fill them in for 8 weeks to get your gold. At my old class you just claimed them, they didn't check, but at this one we have a member who checks it all. I'm on my first week of silver.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.