How Does Body Magic Work?

krupskaya

Gold Member
Body Magic has never been explained to me so I would appreciate your help. What do you have to do to qualify for bronze, silver and gold? TIA!

There are basically 3 awards for doing regular exercise which increase in difficulty from Bronze to Silver to Gold depending on how much you do.

I'm working on Silver (online) which is basically completing 90 minutes exercise over at least three days in the week. I think for gold it is 120 minutes over 5 days. Bronze is an hour over 2 I think.

You make a record of what activity you did and for how long. On the website it then records it in a chart and then when you reach the award (you have to sustain it for four consequetive weeks) you get a little badge thing.

I'm basically doing a one-hour slot with a personal trainer every sunday and then I do my homework workout (30 minutes) on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. So I think I'd actually qualify for Gold award but I'll get the silver first so I have at least 8 weeks worth of motivation :)

I know it sounds silly but the thought of getting the little silver thing to put on here is actually motivating me to stick to it!

There are also Body Magic challenges where you do a task like climbing a mountain but you do it in stages so for example if it is 20 miles then you record every time you do some running how far you ran and then when it adds up to 20 miles you would get the body magic challenge completed like "I climbed a mountain".

I think this concept is a bit silly!! SO I'm sticking with the medal awards :)

I've been thinking about this too. It never really gets mentioned in class. I think getting an award would help to motivate me too.

Its exercise bascially and its getting you into exercising and doing it with continuity, I'm doing my bronze atm. You need the FIT logs and say to your c your starting and also fill them in and then after four weeks hand them in with all the details of regular exercise down.

sounds good to me - i got to the gym 3 x a week for about an hour....not sure if that qualifies for a sticker!! x

Am new to all of this too - I haven't done SW for about 8 years.

If I'm training for 5 hours sports training per week for and doing 4 1/2 hours per week in the gym too would that get me through to a gold sticker?

I've never really got those body magic logs, it just doesn't seem as easy as the food diary, or how the body magic book makes it sound- makes me think I'm missing something!

In our class one of the target members does the body magic awards, and it seems to work well. I'll find out for myself when ai finally pull my finger out!!

I got the gold award last week for walking a minimum of 1.5 miles per day for the last 16 weeks. Another 8 for the platinum award woo hoo.

Basically just do a minimum of 20 minutes exercise at least 5 times per week and maintain it - or something like that.

Am new to all of this too - I haven't done SW for about 8 years.

If I'm training for 5 hours sports training per week for and doing 4 1/2 hours per week in the gym too would that get me through to a gold sticker?

What you will have to do is get your fitlogs from class and fill them in for 8 weeks to get your gold. At my old class you just claimed them, they didn't check, but at this one we have a member who checks it all. I'm on my first week of silver.

Back