How does the water help weightloss?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by KatieMc, 14 April 2009 Social URL.

1. KatieMc

KatieMc Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(10.53%)
    Diet:
    SW and now starting CD
    My CDC said to me 'make sure you drink 3 litres of water as it'll help the loss'

Just wondering how? (I'm one of those people who needs to know how things work before I believe em :) )

I thought it was either so you didn't get dehydrated, or to fill you up?

Thanks x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    It's to stop you getting dehydrated. Cambridge is a ketogenic diet which is naturally dehydrating to a certain extent.

Physiologically, it's not a great fillerupper...well, only short term, though it would be more filling if included with the shakes (classed as food by the body because it's milk based....water on it's own is classed as a drink, and doesn't involve the filling up hormone).

You need 2.5L (more if using a bar or tetra), more if you are thirsty. Weight loss is unlikely to be much different if you drink more.

All you ever wanted to know....plus more :D

4. KatieMc

KatieMc Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(10.53%)
    Diet:
    SW and now starting CD
    :D Cheers KD.

Another question now, why can't we have sugarfree gum on the diet? Another thing I wondered...

5. emmapetty

emmapetty Going for Goal!

Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    you can have sugar free gum. im chomping on extra right now, my saviour! lol x x x

6. Dreamer<3

Dreamer<3 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(20.97%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I heard that if you drink too much water that it may stop your weight loss and I have always drunk loads so now I am trying to only drink about 3litres. Is it true? xx

7. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    the reason why sugarfree gum isn't officially allowed is because it has shown to make many people hungry.

They'll now be a host of people saying "but it doesn't make me hungry" :D Thing is, if you are one of the ones it does make hungry, there can be a slip with other things, and then sometimes it's difficult to pick up again.

8. KatieMc

KatieMc Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(10.53%)
    Diet:
    SW and now starting CD
    Ohh it doesn't make me hungry, in fact it helps if I can chew gum when I'm feeding the little un because that stops me wanting to put HER food in my mouth!

Will go buy some today :D

9. mooncat

mooncat loves the moon and cats!

Diet:
    weight to go
    Hi Katie, I was drinking too much water and it made me ill, plus it slowed my weight loss. I just drink the minimum of 4 pints now plus cups of nettle and peppermint tea.
    I suppose it all depends on your size too how much your body can take

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.