Extra Easy How Easy/Hard Is It To Do SW From Home?

heidiseeky

I have been going to group for about 12 weeks now, I'm losing slowly but that's fine - it's going in the right direction!

I really enjoyed group at first, there were about 30 people who stayed to IT and I didn't mind speaking out about how I was doing etc. My C is lovely too, she is a constant source of support, very empathetic and always coming up with ideas. Since Christmas there has been a surge in members and there must be about 50 - 60 who stay for IT. Including WI, it takes nearly 2 hours to get through everybody and I don't feel comfortable talking in such a large group.

So, I have a few different options that I'm weighing up (no pun intended!); I can weigh and go, change to another class that is more inconvenient time-wise or follow the plan from home. My question is, how do people manage doing it from home and do you find you have less motivation?

Everyone is different but for me, I need a group I like and to stay to IT. I loved my first group- had great success on it. Then Xmas came along and we moved house and I tried one group but it wasn't for me- there was nobody my age there at all (I'm 28 and everybody was over 50) so I felt like I wasn't going to enjoy it. Then I went it alone and have put loads back on. New group on thur evening for me I hope I 'click' with it x

ive tried it alone and its hard going, i've always put back on the weight. do you have any friends who want to lose weight and maybe get together to do your own weigh in for that bit of extra support?

I did start off going to group but didn't find it helped me. I found the time during the meeting was spent on weighing members and then the consultant asking how they had lost weight, and with a large group this did take a long time and some of the members methods of losing the weight didn't fit with the SW plan, which if it worked for them was great but I would come away from the group feeling a bit confused, so I decided to stop going to group, do SW from home, and to use this forum for support and advice and I have found it has definitely helped and worked for me.

Ive decided to bin off going to group, my group too is huge, ive got the books i need, minimins and quite a few of my workmates are on sw, as long as you stay focused and dont get into any food "ruts" you'll do fine, oh and im gonna put my £4.95 away each week, and every 7lb i lose, its treat time!

Thanks for your replies. I've decided to give it a go doing it from home - I know how the plan works and I've got the books and here if I get stuck so fingers crossed!

I've decided to use the money to go to a couple of Pilates classes every week as I haven't been able to afford to do both

Have you told your consultant how you feel about talking in a large group?
If you don't feel comfortable, she could skip you until you are happy to join in, but she can't do that unless you talk to her first!
I was painfully shy when I joined, but being brave and speaking up each week gave me confidence I never had before.
It's really hard on your own, plus you get the online support and up to date info in group. xx

Back