How essential is oatbran and water?

jude88

I all I'm right at the end of my attack stage now (day 7) and Iv been losing about a Ib a day until today where Iv put on 1Ib! Basically I haven't been eating the oat bran as I just don't have the time to eat it or drink a whole load of water (mainly have sugar free energy drink or diet coke). Could this be the reason Iv gained or is it just that Iv reached the end of attack?

I think oatbran is to keep you pooing, the water flushes out the crap.

I didn't think we were allowed energy drinks :(

If your energy drinks have sugar they're a definite no! Oatbran is meant to be used and can be a quick snack in yoghurt. If you miss it occasionally it doesn't matter but it's an integral part of the diet. X

Water plays a massive part in any diet not just this one. The more you drink the more you'll lose, it flushes out all bad toxins etc. In fact, 2 litres of water a day is essential for every day living!!

Ok well I'l try and drink more water and give the oatbran a try and see where I get and no energy drinks are sugar free thanks guys :) hopefully it's just a lil blip x

whats the igrediants/ nutritional info on the drinks ? its will probably have something in it thats not allowed seeing as its an energy drink even though it says sugar free

Ok well I'l try and drink more water and give the oatbran a try and see where I get and no energy drinks are sugar free thanks guys :) hopefully it's just a lil blip x

Jude dont give oatbran a try!, you have to eat it unless you are allergic of course!:D It is the intergral part of the diet. Dr D prescribes it. It is your only starch, besides filling you up, it helps you lose calories due to its properties. Look at recipes section, you will find something you can use it for. The quickest is porridge, it doesnt take 5mins to make. Lemon muffins are brilliant. I bake a loaf of bread which lasts a week hence I can have sandwiches. You can make microwave garlic bread and have it with curry. You can make pancakes and now dont get excited, they take getting used to!!
As for water, yes its necessary for all the reasons quoted above but I will let you off as I dont like it either!;) Just go for 2l of fluids, that should do. Dr D does say all your coffees and teas and diet drinks count in your daily fluid intake.

Good luck.
x

Back