How important are HEXs? Can you go without?

miss_emmajane

Silver Member
I always do green days yet lately I have been missing one or two of my four healthy extras - sometimes both a boxes and a b box depending on what I am doing. Other days I have all four - does this matter?

It can sometimes be hard to fit them all in but I don't think it's good to go without. Try and plan them into your meals rather than see them seperately, see if that makes it any easier to get them in each day?

They aren't an aid to weight loss, but there to make sure you are getting the right balance of foods, ie calcium, fibres etc.

They can generally be used in your cooking though other than just "treats" so maybe look at trying to have them that way.

It won't affect your weight loss not having them, but it is far healthier for you to have them :)

I do mostly green days and I don't think I've ever gone without at least one of each Hex. Sometimes it is hard fitting all 4 in tho! But of course, on the odd occasion I do an Extra Easy day I end up wanting the extra ones, lol :p

in my book it says 1 of each, but then i heard you can now have two of each, which is it and how come its changed, ive only had one today, not been able to fit in a 2nd, but if you can have 4 can you have two of the same thing, like twice the milk or bread?

EE - 1 of each
Green/red - 2 of each

I honestly couldn't follow SW without the healthy extras! I use mine as part of a meal mainly and then sometimes some alpen bars for a snack. The A's don't bother me, but the B's I could happily eat about 4 choices a day :eek:

They are there to ensure you are getting enough fibre and calcium, what you need for a balanced diet xx

oh great hun thanks for that:D

can you have 2 of the same in each, like double milk?

someone on here once said:

"If a doctor told you to take 3 tablets each day, you wouldn't ignore them and NOT take one.....so think of your Healthy Extra's as one of those tablets, the other two are Free Foods and Syns!!!"

That advice stuck in my mind, so i am just passing on the words of wisdom!

xxx

i have double my brankflakes in the morning and then thats both my hexb's gone & one of my hexas :D you could have some cereals for your breakfeast this then would use a hexb and hexa

thanks guys, ill keep all that in mindx

Sorry for stealing this thread :whoopass:, I'm also a newbie at this and I quite often skip my healthy A choices "dairy"(I mainly have red days) but I do have a banana and syn free yoghurt for breakfast, am I correct in assuming that I would get the required dairy extras from the yoghurt ?

Sorry for stealing this thread :whoopass:, I'm also a newbie at this and I quite often skip my healthy A choices "dairy"(I mainly have red days) but I do have a banana and syn free yoghurt for breakfast, am I correct in assuming that I would get the required dairy extras from the yoghurt ?

syn free yogurt is not a HEXa, so you would need do have some. Don't you drink tea or coffee? The milk in that could be used as a HEXa, or perhaps some cheese?

I don't always have my HEXs but try to as they are there for our well being but not for weight loss.

syn free yogurt is not a HEXa, so you would need do have some. Don't you drink tea or coffee? The milk in that could be used as a HEXa, or perhaps some cheese?

I don't always have my HEXs but try to as they are there for our well being but not for weight loss.

Sonia, I drink plenty of coffee but I hate milk in it. I'm sure I can eat some cheese or something similar, I just don't quite get the logic of it all :confused:, I know what's in the book but is it due to the calcium in the milk or the fat content that makes it a HEX?

It's the calcium content. Recent medical research has shown that increasing the calcium intake in people whose intake is low improves weight loss. If you look at a mullerlight it says that it provides 30% of your recommended daily requirements so having one yoghurt will not fill the bill. Slimming aside calcium intake is particularly important for women to ensure they avoid oesteoporosis in later years.

It's the calcium content. Recent medical research has shown that increasing the calcium intake in people whose intake is low improves weight loss. If you look at a mullerlight it says that it provides 30% of your recommended daily requirements so having one yoghurt will not fill the bill. Slimming aside calcium intake is particularly important for women to ensure they avoid oesteoporosis in later years.
Thanks for the info Circes. that makes sense. The calcium content of my syn free yoghurt is the same as skimmed milk, so I might just add a yoghurt as a sweet at dinner time (yes I do like my yoghurt).

I think HEA and HEB's should be better explained at welcome talks...I think that they are SO important - and if i have a week where i dont have them every day my losses are not as good.

Something must be in the science eh? xxx

It's okay to miss one of your B options. However it is important that you do have BOTH your A options. I asked about this and it was explained that the reason behind this was that it provides important protein and calcium and calcium is very important, especially in women.

It's also a useful tool in weight loss as scienific studies have shown that while they don't know exactly why, people on a high calcium diet tend to loser more body fat. I looked this up and it's true! Random!

SNAP!!! :8855:

Back