How long could you give up the scales :-)

shell09

Silver Member
Hi guys so in due to restate very soon to lose what u have gained and then some more :)

I'm going to start either in new year or maybe after boxing day depends on OH's working pattern over new year n my b.day (4th jan) if his working I won't go out so may start sooner basically

So I was wondering...... How long could you give up the scales. I'd love to start and and be 100% for 8 weeks without weighing lol I k ow it's a bot random n in reality il probably weigh for the continued motivation but I just think imagine starting then weighing 8 weeks later..... What a loss! Including the big week one loss! What do u think do u think you can do it would u do it

Ah the things that rock my world.... Watch this space if I do it il do an eight week to first WI countdown thread..... Make sure you subscribe lol lol

Excuse those typos blooming iPhone!

:giggle: i know! im looking over this forum on the wi threads of all the vlcd's for week 8 wi's of those of a similar starting weight and height to me..... im so gonna try n do it.

i love my scales, as in they are so accurate n faithfull lol but wondering if id have to literally throw them in the bin to stop me weighing pmsl! hmmm it will give me something else to focus on rather than being 100% tfr itl be be 100% off the scales!

so im gonna give it a shot n do photos in the interin weeks, maybe a sweep steak on what the loss is lol.

yhink i may start reducing carbs as of tomorrow im feeling so fat n bloated but prob coz im just in the mind to DIET DIET DIET

hello 2012 goodbye fat

I was thinking the same, I'm going to 9 weeks 100% from jan 2nd and I was thinking of not weighing till the end.

Maybe I could do 9 too then n do it with u :) when are u starting do u have a date in mind?

Just seen u already said jan 2nd ignore me!

Hi, I am up for going 8 or 9 weeks without weighing in!! Hopefully I can manage that long!! I am aiming to start on preferably 27th but realistically 1st Jan at the latest x

cool! if theres a few of us n not just me that may help deter me away from the scales :) im really in the mood to start so edging towards the 27th but will know for sure sat when im gonna start would be nice if we could all start same time, or if one of us starts a week earlier than the others perhaps the early bird can wait an extra week to weigh...

il defo need to take the batteries out of the scales n throw them :D:D

I'll need to throw them out the window! But I think in one way not weighing will help when things get tough - like by thinking I've come so far I'm not stopping now, plus if I STS a week or two it won't matter because I won't know
also when I'm at goal I'd love to never WI just go by my clothes and concentrate on fitness goals!
I'm sooooooooooo excited!!!!

I managed 4 weeks when I first started! Was really good, had lost .loads. I stopped a couple days ago and going to restart 2nd Jan for a final push took my wedding... Dress fitting

Ohhh a dress fitting so exciting, when are you getting married? I loved my wedding dress, my goal is I want to be 10 lbs lighter than I was when I got married 4 1/2 years ago.
I think maybe we should go for an 8 week challenge because that is 2 bumper packs - 9 weeks might not suit in that sense.

Hmm yeah see what u mean re the 8 weeks I have some left over from previous atempts so im easy whatever we all decide. I'm excited too :)

Anybody else joining us?

Ooh, ooh, pick me, pick me! *jumps up and down*

Personally, I have a history of getting way too caught up in the numbers so I think it'd definitely be a lot healthier for me to do it this way. Plus, I kinda was thinking about doing it anyway, you guys have just spurred me on!

My scales are broken anyway tbh. Guess I'll have to borrow some for the big initial WI though!

Exciteeeeeeeddd!!

oo hi guys im loving the growing numbers!! when is everybody else starting. im kinda stuck in limbo

i now know im not going out new years eve so no excuse there its my birthday 4th jan and i have booked the day off as has my OH but tbh i defo wanna start by then!!

my sister and her kids are down tomorrow for a couple of days they are in wales im in london i know il prob have a drink one evening with her as she wouldnt have had a drink at all at xmas and wont for new years so kinda have to roll everything into one :)

i am finding myslef on here every night though think im really itching to start yet on the other hand im hitting the self distruct button woth the amount of wine chocs biscuits etc im eating!

anyway think as of tomorrow il have to make a good effort to reduce the amount of crap im having ditch the chocoaltes ice cream and all the junk from the house (my dd will not be impressed lol) and start preparing. i may do my WIs on some sort of 'comunal' scale i mean like those in boots or something it may make me less inclined to jump on my own as it wont be exactly the same as the other :) how am i trying to play mind games on myself pmsl

sorry for rambling basically think im still starting 2nd jan havent told OH or family yet as they get the hump when i go on tfr lol im a grumo basically so cant blame them but this time il be happy n motivated i prommise!!!

To be honest, I think I'm going to be starting tomorrow. I ordered a couple of new packs from Exante this evening, going for the slightly more expensive option of getting two lots of just vanilla shakes - I detest two out of the four soup flavours as well as the strawberry shake making me want to gag just at the smell, so the £20 or so extra works out to be worth it for me really.

I figure even if we don't start at the same time, we can still all be in it together, helping each other out and what not. Let's show everyone that we are not slaves to the scales! It seriously can be so damaging to fixate just on a number, trust me. This is such a great idea!!

Shell - sounds like you've got it sorted in your head already, and don't worry too much about being a grump for the first few days, you'll get over it and I'm sure your family can put up with it xD

Wow starting tomorrow huh! Oohh good luck!! I'm kinda jelous! Just had a big lecture re starting 2nd I've been firmly put in my place n told to start on the 5th the day after my birthday :) my DD is only 6 not very good at keeping a secrets I'm thinking there's some kind of little tea party arranged for my b.day n my OH is working throughout the holiday period but has booked that day (my b. Day) off so their shock horror faces when I told them I'm starting the 2nd was a picture lol

Anyway it's ok I'm gonna start 5th I know it's like postponing and postponing but it's just a couple more days n I feel a bit selfish not to wait :)

I'm still firmly following this thread (and all the others) to keep my mind on the straight n narrow!

Good luck to anybody starting today!!!

Back