How Long Do Crisps Last?

westiegirl

Gold Member
Sorry if this has been asked before - had a look to see if there was a thread about this but couldn't see one.

I have my first challenge on LL coming up at the beginning of Feb. Sorry if I ramble whilst I try and explain :eek:

I'm going to be out of the office for 3 days and I'm trying to plan ahead for my packs etc.

I'm going to the NEC to a trade show on the Monday, travelling there and back home in one day (2 hours each way). However on Tuesday I'm going back to the NEC and from there straight to Alton Towers, staying overnight in their hotel before having a big work meeting all day Wednesday before heading home again.

I'm concerned how I'm going to fit all my packs in because whilst I'm in the NEC I will be walking around all day and unable to make one and then when I'm at Alton Towers I'm not sure of the facilities at the meeting.

So my question is that if I cooked some crisps before I left on Tuesday morning, would they still be edible on Wednesday? I've cooked some before and eaten them later the same day, but never left them until the next day. I wonder if they "deteriorate" at all.

BTW I am also bricking it about the evening meal out on Tuesday night where I won't be eating. Any tips on that also gratefully appreciated. I've considered asking for a LL soup to be made up or asking for a salad and pushing it around my plate.

No they will be fine, just not going to taste as good as they would go softer i imagine. But try not to leave them overnight as the minerals will naturally begin breaking down once out of the sachet.

Hope that helped :)

No they will be fine, just not going to taste as good as they would go softer i imagine. But try not to leave them overnight as the minerals will naturally begin breaking down once out of the sachet.

Hope that helped :)

Thanks, but the problem is that I will have to leave them overnight if I do make them :(

I will be leaving home early Tuesday morning and not returning until late Wednesday with lots of walking around the NEC in between - not really the place I can whizz up a shake. If they will go really bad I'll have to wait until Tuesday night to fit them all in and the same on Wednesday but crisps would just be less hassle :)

I have never made crisps so don't really know what they would be like, I would say do it coz it's better than not eating or running the risk of cheating, good luck x

Maybe at the NEC have one pack before you go (even if it's really early in the morning it'll just get the nutrients in!), a bar mid day and then 2 packs when you return? Could do this on the wednesday too.
And at the hotel, they normally have kettles in your room so you could just have your soups/hot choc when you're there and when you have time.
At the meal just make excuses that you're not feeling well or toothache or something?

you might enquire with the hotel you are staying at to see if they have a microwave you can have access too? Sometimes they do?

I might suggest 2 bars instead of a shake - but it might not be a good idea so eary into your diet.

I am not so sure those crisps will be edible the next day.

When they are soft, personally, I find the disgusting. They simply won;t go down. THe vits and mins will be long gone by then. Not only are they cooked, but also not consumed in a short space of time after making them.

Good luck WG. :)

i would agree with all above.

PB has a good idea have a shake early on before leaving and you can have one ready made to drink at the NEC, then have your bar whenever you like, finally when you get home you can have the shake dont matter what time it is i eat at 8pm - 9pm sometimes not an issue

Maybe at the NEC have one pack before you go (even if it's really early in the morning it'll just get the nutrients in!), a bar mid day and then 2 packs when you return? Could do this on the wednesday too.
And at the hotel, they normally have kettles in your room so you could just have your soups/hot choc when you're there and when you have time.
At the meal just make excuses that you're not feeling well or toothache or something?

Thanks Ellie, that's the plan for Monday, and Tuesday shouldn't be too bad because I can have the packs at night in the hotel. Wednesday will be the worst because I don't know the plans. I can have a pack when I get up but once I check out of the room for our meeting I really don't know what the facilities are like or what the timings are - or what time I will get home. It's more the unknown on Wednesday so it would just be nice to be prepared with crisps if I could, just in case :)

As for the meal, I think I need to go because I will be meeting some people in my company I've not met before (only been here 4 months) so it would help to "network".

i would agree with all above.

PB has a good idea have a shake early on before leaving and you can have one ready made to drink at the NEC, then have your bar whenever you like, finally when you get home you can have the shake dont matter what time it is i eat at 8pm - 9pm sometimes not an issue

The trouble is I don't know what time I'll get home on Wednesday, it could be really early and I'm worrying for nothing, or it could be midnight and I certainly couldn't face 2 shakes at that time, it's hard enough having one after my meeting at 10pm.

It's definately more a case of trying to cover the bases because I really don't know what the score is for that day :)

you might enquire with the hotel you are staying at to see if they have a microwave you can have access too? Sometimes they do?

I might suggest 2 bars instead of a shake - but it might not be a good idea so eary into your diet.

I am not so sure those crisps will be edible the next day.

When they are soft, personally, I find the disgusting. They simply won;t go down. THe vits and mins will be long gone by then. Not only are they cooked, but also not consumed in a short space of time after making them.

Good luck WG. :)

Thanks BL, I was going to speak to my LLC about 2 bars at my meeting on Monday, just for that day, because it would certainly be more convenient as I don't know what's happening.

I think you're probably right about the crisps :)

Thats what I was thinking. As I mentioned a few days ago - I did do two bars when travelling by plane back to California....just to keep it simple because with the time changes, I didn;t know WHAT meal or day it was!! lol But I was well into the diet by then, and not sure how it would affect you freshly into Ketosis.

Have a chat - I would think it owuld be fine for one day. :)

Well In theory it does not matter at what stage, being in Ketosis is being in Ketosis.

The danger is that it can knock some people out of it, this is why they advise against two bars generally. Now if you are Super Girl like BL you will be fine, take a Ketostick with you if you are concerned

Thats what I was thinking. As I mentioned a few days ago - I did do two bars when travelling by plane back to California....just to keep it simple because with the time changes, I didn;t know WHAT meal or day it was!! lol But I was well into the diet by then, and not sure how it would affect you freshly into Ketosis.

Have a chat - I would think it owuld be fine for one day. :)

That must have been a nightmare, but you obviously survived :D

I don't think it would be too bad having 2 bars because it will have been over a month when I go to the meeting, and I'm usually pretty "ketosis resistant" (in my CD days I've used bars from day 1 and still got into ketosis as quickly).

We'll see what my LLC suggests though :)

Well In theory it does not matter at what stage, being in Ketosis is being in Ketosis.

The danger is that it can knock some people out of it, this is why they advise against two bars generally. Now if you are Super Girl like BL you will be fine, take a Ketostick with you if you are concerned

Yep, I agree that being in ketosis is still being in ketosis.

As I replied to BL I'm not too bothered about the ketosis thing - usually pretty good at getting (and staying in it). Never bother with ketostix because I know I'm 100% so why waste my money peeing on a stick?

If you are that confident then go for it :) come what may westie its just one day, dont get too caught up about it, if you eat one less pack its not the end of the world, it just need not become a habit

If you are that confident then go for it :) come what may westie its just one day, dont get too caught up about it, if you eat one less pack its not the end of the world, it just need not become a habit

You're right, I'm probably blowing this all out of proportion - I'm just too much of a control freak and hate not knowing what's going on :D

you are going to be absolutely fine westie, trust me :) there is not one single person on here who can honestly say they have not been stretched at times. that includes me with parents evenings and late nights at work. But you just plough on you will be fine.

Could you take a flask of water with you on the wednesday, then in your mixer bottle just mix up a shake or 2 when you come out of the meeting? That way it should be earlier than midnight you have it?

Back