How long do you HAVE to do TFR 100%?

mellifluous

Hi everyone,

I have been 100% every day this week and tomorrow is my first weigh in. I've struggled a little and not sure if I can do a second week! I was wondering - do you have to do a minimum number of weeks on TFR before you can follow the next steps of the program? I was thinking I would still lose weight on maintenance?

Any advice appreciated.

Hi everyone,

I have been 100% every day this week and tomorrow is my first weigh in. I've struggled a little and not sure if I can do a second week! I was wondering - do you have to do a minimum number of weeks on TFR before you can follow the next steps of the program? I was thinking I would still lose weight on maintenance?

Any advice appreciated.

I have seen someone say 3 weeks I think, but I would wait until someone more in the know answers as I am only on week 2 xx

Why don't u ask the chemist about the maintenance programme? I think u can still lose on it but it's obviously slower x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yep, I'm going to do that tomorrow at my weigh in, sun. Thanks for your replies! Feel a bit weak muttering such things with all the people on here who have been doing TFR for waaaaay longer.

May be a moment of weakness - I've started thinking maybe I could do another week and then refeed. I'm ok with losing a couple of pounds a week on maintenance and hope maybe the TFR can give me a kick start.

We'll see!

U just gotta do best for u. I'm struggling, but I have a holiday I wanna look my best for, so have to stick with it - 8 weeks n 2 days to go - not that I'm counting lol x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Mel, i can only go day to day, if i think about weeks in the future i just want to give in, you need to do whats best for you x

Thanks ladies - weigh in in the morning so we will see what tomorrow brings! I definitely know what you mean about taking it one day at a time.

My first weigh in tomo as well mel,
Today as been a very hard day
I'm planning to do this for the next six weeks and I've also come off early before, but old habits come back in
Try to preserve until you get to goal, I kno I'm giving good advice, but I'm not sure if I'm going to do it either
These who do this diet for weeks on end, I take my hat off to them x

Hey Mel, as someone who's been through this before I'd say stick with it got at least another week. Week one you mainly lose just water so 2 weeks would be alot better.

You've been 100% this week so I guarantee you've lost loads! You'll feel great after your weigh in and I bet you'll want to continue ;-) unfortunately the post-weigh in euphoria only lasts about 2 days so you will probably feel this way again but stay strong if you can and I promise it'll be worth it :) x

good luck all on WIs xx

Just back from weigh in and lost 6 pounds! I am no longer obese - just overweight... Feeling good today and doing it for another week.

Thank you for your encouragement everyone. I will be refeeding the following week and going on to maintenance as I have to run a summer scheme for kids with autism the following three weeks and just don't think I could hack it! Also happy to go more slowly from then on and lose couple of pounds a week. Hope you don't think I am letting you down by eating!

Just back from weigh in and lost 6 pounds! I am no longer obese - just overweight... Feeling good today and doing it for another week.

Thank you for your encouragement everyone. I will be refeeding the following week and going on to maintenance as I have to run a summer scheme for kids with autism the following three weeks and just don't think I could hack it! Also happy to go more slowly from then on and lose couple of pounds a week. Hope you don't think I am letting you down by eating!

Mel how can you be letting anyone down? you tried 100% and decided it wasnt for you, it isnt as if you have just decided that losing the weight isnt for you. Dont beat yourself up, if its better for you to swap then thats great x

That's a great result Mel well done! A long term go on this isn't for everybody, only doing 2-3 weeks myself then like you hoping to lose a few pounds on the maintanence, well done again and best of luck with the next week ;-) x

I didn't know there was a minimum time you had to stay on LT!

I agree with Sarah though.. since you lose mainly water (or sometimes even exclusively water) in the first week, it seems sensible to go for two weeks as an absolute minimum otherwise you risk having not actually lost any fat!

Back