How long does it take to go in to ketosis?

Souffle-la

Hiya all,

I'm on day 3 of SS+ and I'm wondering if I will be in ketosis yet. My CDC gave me a couple of those keto-sticks that you pee on, but I don't know whether it's worth checking yet? Also, because I am having 3 sachets and a 200 cal meal a day, will that delay ketosis in any way?

I'm also on day 3 SS+ decided to check and yep I am, my CDC gave me 2 so thought if I'm not could always use the other one xx

Hello,

From what I have researched, it takes 3-4 days. I ordered some Ketostix from Amazon to check mine. Have you got the stix as there are 50 in a bottle so give it a try :)

Yeah my CDC gave me a coupe of ketostix. I think I'm going to check tomorrow :)

U may be in ketosis even if your sticks dnt show it, because of all the water we have to drink on this diet it might not show on the sticks, but if your keeping to the diet and after 3-4 days you'll b loosin weight!!!!! I used to be obsessed with the ketostix but they r very unreliable so dont worry!! X

littlemumma said:
U may be in ketosis even if your sticks dnt show it, because of all the water we have to drink on this diet it might not show on the sticks, but if your keeping to the diet and after 3-4 days you'll b loosin weight!!!!! I used to be obsessed with the ketostix but they r very unreliable so dont worry!! X

That's true water does affect it showing.

The sticks are a waste of money. They're very unreliable. Bottom line is stick to the plan you'll be in ketosis. Simple as that :)

I did the atkins years ago and had the ketostix, don't buy them, they're a complete waste of money, the sheer amount of water will negate the test, they will just depress you, you will know when you are no longer hungry and thirsty quite a bit (the dodgy mouth taste thing doesn't happen to everyone) x

Back