How long does your menstrual cycle last (when it comes)

Missus_L

Hi all!

I have a bit of an issue, since my school days I don't seem to remember having such a bad cycle. I am currently on day 23 and the bleeding is not getting any less, I feel weak and I've been in agony especially when I lie down. I went to my GP and they have given me some tablets to 'stop' the bleeding but I don't want to take them as I think that it's not naturally stopping it. I have been TTC for 4 years now so I'm not on any contraceptive pills, just au-natural. I might be over thinking things but some people have said that it could be endometriosis or I could be having a miscarriage! I'm a worrier at the best of times and the latter IS NOT the best advice I've been given :(

Hi all!

I have a bit of an issue, since my school days I don't seem to remember having such a bad cycle. I am currently on day 23 and the bleeding is not getting any less, I feel weak and I've been in agony especially when I lie down. I went to my GP and they have given me some tablets to 'stop' the bleeding but I don't want to take them as I think that it's not naturally stopping it. I have been TTC for 4 years now so I'm not on any contraceptive pills, just au-natural. I might be over thinking things but some people have said that it could be endometriosis or I could be having a miscarriage! I'm a worrier at the best of times and the latter IS NOT the best advice I've been given :(

I have PCOS and Endo, and to be honest this sounds like my usual period, i've been on now for just over 3 weeks. The Dr can give you Norethisterone, which does in fact stop the bleeding, but i have found over the years that, i pay for it when i stop taking them.

They are generally given to "normal cycle" women when they go on holiday etc to hold it off, but that is the ONLY time where i think it is worth it personally as it comes back much heavier and more painful than before.

From experience, lots of iron rich foods, a hot water bottle, and also evening primrose oil with iron tablets to be my first port of call. you can get the tabs in any supermarket/chemist/H&B, if you can't find the dual ones, get seperate.

I'm so sorry you are feeling this way, i wouldn't wish it on anyone. I think who ever told you it could be a miscarriage is way out of line and very cruel. Plus, from MY experience, you would know the difference :(

:hugs: xx

How are you guys getting on now? I was very irregular when I was younger, but mine seem to have evened out over the last couple of years. I can't even imagine how painful this must be, mine last around 4 days and are very painful as is, what do you use to help with pain? For me the only thing that usually works is a hot water bottle and falling asleep!

I have had irregular periods nearly all my life even before the weight gain. One point over a year with nothing but since I have lost some of it, they have settled down. It was still irregular so like 35 days, 40 days, 29 etc. Now it seems they are every 26-28 days been that way over 4 months now so I guess that means I have settled down which I am pleased about.
They are however super painful. The doctor gives me prescription tablets but I literally can not leave my bed for 2 days it is so bad. Towards the end its fine just those first couple of days and they last about 5 days in total. I actually have to get time off I am so ill, so always better if they start on a Friday night or weekend which they have done recently. Not sure what I can do about it tried everything pills, hot water bottles the lot.

Back