How long til it shows on the scales?

Rara Lara

I Love Slimming World
Hey everyone, i was just wondering if you eat a massive wedge of chocolate cake and go over your syns, how long would it take to show up on the scales? Immediately? a few hours? a day? a few days? a week???

I haven't actually done this, just wondering. xxx

May never show as a gain if you count the syns and cut down for the rest of the week. Some people find that if they have had a bad week can take 2 weigh-ins to show. If you stick to plan, count your sysns (good and bad) then ultimately you swill loose - thats what is so great about SW - it allows us to lead normal lives.....

I guess its different for everyone, you're right about cutting down syns the rest of the week, i guess thats why you have a certain amount of syns a week to play about with. Just one of my pondering moments lol xx

4 hrs, 20 mins & 6 secs

Sorry couldn't resist!! ;)

Everyone is different, for some people it will show for others it won't, i'm one of the unfortunate ones and if I eat anything bad it shows!! :)

Interesting question... I did a bit of Googling and it looks like the generally accepted time it takes for you body to convert excess calories is 24 to 72 hours -link

lol vanilla cupcake!!

Thanks Rorah, i'll take a look xx

It used to take me anything up to two weeks depending on how far over i went but as suggested just cut down syns rest of week and it may balance out, seems to work for me these days and also not going to far over if I do! as previously mentioned, Just keep counting to stay on track!

I think it depends. I remember last time I was on slimming world I went over every day for a week and still lost that week, but then i'd do it another week and put on. I'll probably be able to tell you this week if it will show up after a day, birthday on friday, so I expect I will eat cake..and my weigh in is saturday morning!

i had two terible weeks where i fell completely off plan due to my daughter getting sick, i was eating fast food as the hopital food was naf and i went to wi after 2 weeks of this rubbish and still somehow lost a pound... i was gob smaked!!! im back on plan now 100 percent but im sure everyone is different.

Back