How long to wait for doctors call back

donna88

Gold Member
Hi,

Sorry this is probably a really weird question but I'm sat here waiting for a call back from the doctors about my son and don't feel like I can do anything until they call as I don't know if they'll want to see him within the hour or whatever (it has happened before) but what's also happened before is that they have written the number down wrong and haven't been able to contact me.

I called at 10 past 10, he has a water infection and they said they would call back. How long should I leave it if they don't call until I ring them again? I don't want to leave him all weekend with a water infection

I'd have called them back by now hun. Ours says they'll call back in an hour and if they don't I ring them up. Hope you get it sorted. Water infections are not nice :-(

Last edited:
Well noticed that my house phone had been put on silent! Don't know how that's happened, but they had tried getting through, so I rang them and they said they had tried and that its okay, they do try 3 or 4 times, so put my phone on loud again and still waiting it was about an hour ago I called them the second time. This is stupid, I don't feel like I can do anything as I'm waiting for the call and I'm also fretting about getting him sorted :( If they haven't called again soon, I'll call them for the third time. It just annoys me how they have this new call back service for everything now, I can understand some things you don't need an appointment for, but for any infection you need to go see someone so why do they mess about having to do this? At least if they'd given me an appointment I'd know what was happening even if it was later on today.

And thank you for the reply, I do worry a lot so sometimes its nice just to have that reassurance that I'm not being funny by ringing them again

He will need antibiotics I would think. As a long term sufferer of UTI's it's all that helped me, that and lots of water.

I always leave my mobile number when I ring the docs as at least I can go out!!

I will do in future but assumed they'd be ringing within a few hours and I knew I wasn't leaving, its meant I haven't done my exercise today though. If they don't ring soon I'll have to go pick him up :/ hopefully my boyfriend will finish work in plenty of time to get him instead.

He's never had a water infection before, but he's prone to ear infections and everytime they insist on doing this call back only for me to be booked in for an appointment anyway.

I'll make sure he drinks plenty, he's at his dads this weekend as well :( I've told him to get some cranberry juice in for him though as I've heard that's suppose to help.

Cranberry juice doesn't help with the healing but its good as prevention as its stops the bacteria sticking. A good one to use to try to stop future bouts.

Just thought I'd update you, its not a water infection, he just has a very sore little winky bless him. He's been given some cream so hopefully that will clear it up for him.

Back