How many calories do you all eat?

laurenmay

Gold Member
Just curious as to the different amounts of calories everyone has and what sort of weight loss you get based on your daily calorie amount?

- start weight 12.4 - goal weight 10.0

I eat 1500-1600 a day, and average a couple of pounds a week usually, though I only weigh in every couple of months so I don't know how it fluctuates; not important in the slightest as long as it comes off, lol. 5 stone down last time I was weighed. xx

I have approx 1400,some times a bit more if Id done alot of exercise and im hungry

I've been around 1700 a day and lost 13lb in May - a reasonable amount of that was a high first week loss, but I'm happy with that for now. I've done calorie counting before and stuck at 1200 and lost about three stone. This time I'm starting off with a higher calorie allowance and more exercise (exercising most days, including running every other day), then I can reduce my calories as I go to mix it up a bit. I know 1700 is high but it's working for me for now :)

I have about 1450-1500! I find thats enough to keep me going, any lower and I think I would ravenous and crave junk! x

I average about 1400 mfp says 1200 but I find if I eat 1200 an exercise cals I don't loose weight very well but if I stick to 1400-1500 I loose very well :)

I'm torn between having 1200 a day with exercising every day but not eating back my exercise calories.. Or have around 1350-1450 a day with exercise & again not eat back the calories?

I wanna lose 2lbs a week, and MFP advises 1200 a day, does this seem doable?

- start weight 12.2 - goal weight 10.0

I might stick to 1200 for now and see how I get on.. It's so difficult to know where to start calorie wise! Once I know what limit I lose weight on I sail through & find it easy, but it's finding out what allowance works which is the hard part!

- start weight 12.2 - goal weight 10.0

Between 1500-1800 but I do exercise everyday earning an 300 cals on top, helps keep me on top. I generally lose if I am good 1lb per week, I know I could lose more but with depession and managing everything else I am pleased as punch with that. As long as I am losing weight I don't mind :)

I'd love to be able to eat around 1500 per day, but knowing my body I think that's too much and I'd probably not lose an awful lot if I did.. I'll stick to 1200 for now, increasing slightly if I really need to, and see how I get on. If I hit a plateau or find I need more calories then I'll reevaluate :)

I actually had a look at my weight loss figures for when I stuck to around 1200 before compared to now (higher calories) - I'm actually losing weight quicker on more calories than I was before on fewer calories :)

Rigby said:
I actually had a look at my weight loss figures for when I stuck to around 1200 before compared to now (higher calories) - I'm actually losing weight quicker on more calories than I was before on fewer calories :)

What are your stats if you don't mind me asking? and are you male or female? I can't figure it out from your username! Lol

What are your stats if you don't mind me asking? and are you male or female? I can't figure it out from your username! Lol

I'm female, 5'3" and currently 13st 2lb. When I lost weight a couple of years ago (starting at just over 15st) I ate fewer calories than I'm eating now and the weight loss was slightly slower.

It's important to remember how many variables there are when it comes to losing weight though. In theory you can work out how many calories your body uses in a day and then if you eat less than that you'll lose weight. However, all sorts of other factors come into play and so it's about finding what is right for you if you want to lose weight at a steady rate and keep it off :)

Rigby said:
I'm female, 5'3" and currently 13st 2lb. When I lost weight a couple of years ago (starting at just over 15st) I ate fewer calories than I'm eating now and the weight loss was slightly slower.

It's important to remember how many variables there are when it comes to losing weight though. In theory you can work out how many calories your body uses in a day and then if you eat less than that you'll lose weight. However, all sorts of other factors come into play and so it's about finding what is right for you if you want to lose weight at a steady rate and keep it off :)

I'm the same height as you, but starting weight is 12.4 and wanting to get down to 10. I used to calorie count before, and lost a lot of weight very quickly, but that was eating between 600-900 calories a day and I don't wanna stoop that low again. If it would benefit me to eat more calories then I'd so much rather do that, but I'm worried about eating more and finding I gain or don't lose anything and then wasting time...

I worked out based on my stats and BMR that my body burns 2467 by being moderately active, so if I took a deficit of 1000 a day off that to lose 2lbs a week then it'd give me 1467 calories a day - so I'm debating about trying that and seeing how I get on? I can always drop down to 1200 then if it doesn't work..

laurenmay said:
I'm the same height as you, but starting weight is 12.4 and wanting to get down to 10. I used to calorie count before, and lost a lot of weight very quickly, but that was eating between 600-900 calories a day and I don't wanna stoop that low again. If it would benefit me to eat more calories then I'd so much rather do that, but I'm worried about eating more and finding I gain or don't lose anything and then wasting time...

I worked out based on my stats and BMR that my body burns 2467 by being moderately active, so if I took a deficit of 1000 a day off that to lose 2lbs a week then it'd give me 1467 calories a day - so I'm debating about trying that and seeing how I get on? I can always drop down to 1200 then if it doesn't work..

I think that's a really good idea. :)

Back