how many calories is in each syn??

Tracie Green

Silver Member
approximately how many calories are in 10 syns?? i was just wondering how many calories am intaking at the moment???:confused:

Well, a very basic rule of thumb is 20 cals per syn although this doesn't count for everything.... certainly not for foodstuff with a free food allowance but it does pretty much work out 20 cals per syn for biscuits, chocolate etc.

Don't worry about calories though if you are following SW!!!!! There's no need!

no i know, i dont go by cals at all but was watching supersize v superskinny last night and they were saying about how many days they were overeating in a week or undereating, and i thought... mmmm... i wonder about me???

I daren't work mine out!!! Would be interesting though.....

All I know is that it works and has done for nearly 2 years! I do often hear "can you really eat ALL THAT on your diet" and I confidently say "YES"!!!!!!!

absolutley!!! im the same, workmates go on about calories all the time, it really winds me up, its just not important for me, syns are the way forward!!!

The very simple facts of weight loss are: Consume less than you burn off! That's great but it doesn't take into account what different foods do in our bodies. I think that is only true of empty calories and SW has studied this to make foods free and allow us the simplicity of not counting calories. I love SW!

i like it because simply put i am greedy there is nothing i like more than sitting on the couch and pigging out it's something i will never grow out of something i will get bored of or go off slimming world means i can do that and not get fat i don't care how it works because i am afraid if i ffind out the food magic will stop and i will turn into a pumpkin or something lmao

i like it because simply put i am greedy there is nothing i like more than sitting on the couch and pigging out it's something i will never grow out of something i will get bored of or go off slimming world means i can do that and not get fat i don't care how it works because i am afraid if i ffind out the food magic will stop and i will turn into a pumpkin or something lmao

lol!!!

For things like 'junk' food you can easily work out the Syns from the calories: 1 Syn=20 cals

Im happy not to be counting calories for a change!!:D

Back