Extra Easy How many syns a day do you have on average

chantsy86

I was told on first week that you can 5-15 syns a day but to just have 10 because that's what most people do. I have been to another meeting today and the consultant said you have 15 syns a day what does everyone else have. Do you think you lose quicker by having the 5 less syns a day ? I don't mind staying at 10 as then days that I do go over a bit or a lot it's not as bad. Just wondered what other people have.

The SW guidelines are 5-15 syns a day, although the general advice is to aim for around 10 a day.

I really don't think it makes a big impact on losses - 5 extra syns per day is 100 calories, so 700 over the course of a week, really not going to make much difference at all providing the plans are stuck to.

The "aim for 10" bit has been mentioned more since Extra Easy was introduced.

In answer to your question, I am for no more than 10 as a rule but can go up to 15 on a weekend.

I've been averaging about 8, so if I go over a little bit on a saturday night treat I can forgive myself.

But to be honest 8 is about enough, by the time I include stuff like a bit of spread on toast, bit of cheese on pasta I feel like I've had plenty of treats in the day lol sometimes if I've only had about 2 syns I will have some choc like a mini milky bar or freddo cos I feel if I'm not having at least 5 I'm cheating myself :)

Yea I normally have between 5and 10 a day gonna stick to what I'm doing it's working and at least if I do slip up or really want something extra it's not going to make a big difference on the scales

really depends on my mood, i usually average around 12-14 a day, but some days I will have all 15, other days I might only have 8. Really all depends on my mood.

I always have 15 a day, they are the bit of the plan that keeps me sane a and stops me cheating

I have about 30-40 syns on a Friday OR Saturday night and then the rest spread across the week.
It's been working for me. Well 99% of the time :p

I think they say to aim for 10 so that you don't feel deprived only having 5, but your weight loss is protected in case of hidden syns

I do weekly syns

Normally have what I like Tuesday & Saturday

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I spread mine over the week with more at weekends. It usually leaves me with 8-10 a day from Mon to Wed, with a Thurs am WI. I usually use the full 105 syns a week.
Denise

I have my full 15, hasn't had any effect on my losses. I think its easier for me though as I don't have 'hidden syns' as I'm super limited in what I can eat so there is a rare chance for them to sneak in. I rarely eat out/eat takeaways and I don't eat ready meals etc so I'm in full control of what goes in my mouth. I like having 15 as when in having a slow week I can cut down to 10 for more discipline. Also will have my syns to cut back on when I'm near target or reach a stubborn point :)

For me it really depends on how much chocolate I have in the fridge. I generally tend to try and stick to 10 syns a day. However, on a bad day I have 15. Really depends on my mood :)

I have my 15 a day :) Sometimes if I don't manage the 15 then I add up what I have leftover and have a little treat with them at the weekend x

Gazter it's unusual that you increase your syns to maintain......if it's working then great but I'd never advise someone to do that, increase B choices but never syns.

Just putting this out there in case people think that's what happens at Target :)

I tend to use around 5 a day... sometimes up to 10 but that would be very unusual. I also very very rarely use them for 'treats' (twice in 3 months) because I'm trying to move away from using food in that way (that being a major factor in my weight problems).

I know they are there if I really crave something and, so far at least, knowing they are there so I'm not depriving myself of anything has been enough to prevent cravings... weird how the mind works :)

Back