How many syns do you have?

Becky7777

I use fifteen syns a day and usually use them all.

reading through some of the other threads I think I might be over doing it as a lot of you only use up to ten a day. I never save my syns and have them on a use them or lose hem basis. M losses are random, usually one pound a week with the odd two or three pound loss every few weeks.

so what are your noughts, do you hunk I should reduce the syns, as I'm only half a stone from goal?

We were advised in group to start the week with 70 syns (10 a day) and work down through the week with them so by the time its weigh in again, we have none left. Dont know whether this will help you. I can only speak for myself, but when I was struggling to get to target only losing half a lb a week, my c suggested that I reduce to 5 syns a day and this got me shifting to target. Everyone is different though, hope this little ditty helps :)

My consultant says that we should using between 5-15 a day but that 15 are mostly for men and ladies normally stick to 10

Hth

I have as many as I need! Sometimes that's the full 15, sometimes it's 5. Personally, I've never found that eating more syns has affected my losses (I've lost over 2.5 stone since January). I generally lose between 1 and 3 lbs a week. SW says you can have between 5 and 15 syns a day and so I do. I don't overthink it. Personally, I think some Cs overcomplicate things by telling members they sould restrict their syns. This is not the official SW line at all.

How are your losses? If you're still losing weight at a rate you're happy with then I wouldn't worry at all. But at the same time, it's also normal for weight loss to slow as you approach target. My C always advises looking at portion size and snacking before restricting syns and I agree with her.

I have all 15 at the moment, at some point I'm going to have to cut down on something and then I'll have less.

I never put too much thought into it. I have the odd day where I have no syns and then some days I go over 15, but mostly I try stick around the 8 - 12 mark.

ok some weeks I have up to 150! that worked for me with 2.5 stone to lose, and now i only have a stone to lose, it still works. my losses range from 1lb to 5lb a week really! Everyone is completely different so just experiment!

I have as many as I need! Sometimes that's the full 15, sometimes it's 5. Personally, I've never found that eating more syns has affected my losses (I've lost over 2.5 stone since January). I generally lose between 1 and 3 lbs a week. SW says you can have between 5 and 15 syns a day and so I do. I don't overthink it. Personally, I think some Cs overcomplicate things by telling members they sould restrict their syns. This is not the official SW line at all.

How are your losses? If you're still losing weight at a rate you're happy with then I wouldn't worry at all. But at the same time, it's also normal for weight loss to slow as you approach target. My C always advises looking at portion size and snacking before restricting syns and I agree with her.

As we know everyone is different, I did try that, smaller portions etc but it just wasnt happening. By reducing to 5 syns I got there quicker, we all have to find our own way round things. And yes, it is so frustrating that the nearer we get to target, the slower it becomes. Its like seeing the rope at the end of a race, but keep tripping up till you get to the finishing line!!! As we have said before its interesting how different c's are too. Whichever way we do it, we all hopefully get there in the end! :)

I have 15 a day and losing between 1,5 and 3,5 a week. My guess is that you'll probably wanna cut down on syns as you get close to target and the weight loss slows down, but that's only a guess. At start I only used 3 to 5 syns a day, weight loss wasn't any bigger than it is now.

Thank you all for your replies, well reading through I think I might carry on with my fifteen, I still loose every week, albeit just a pound, although this week was two and a half. Even though my losses might be small by eating he fifteen it enables me to stick to plan and therefore have consistent losses. Although when this starts to slow even further I will drop syns further.

thank you all for your replies, it gave me something to muse over x

I use mine weekly, usually in the pub on Friday / Saturday / Sunday lol. I use all 105, typically on a couple of meals out and my beloved cider. I've had good losses so far, if I had to stop going out on a weekend I'd be totally miserable and it means I don't feel like I'm on a constant diet. I do have quite strong willpower through the week though, no syns Monday-Thursday (wi is Thursday night). On these days I save my hexs for snacking and never feel like I'm going without. My c insists that we shouldn't use syns weekly but meh, I'm happy with how it's going.

I've always used 15 a day and I found my best losses was weeks when I had my full 105 Syns!

Now I'm at target, I still have 15 a day, but I've also started having an extra B choice so I don't lose anymore weight

My use is really random. I don't make sure I have 5, or 15. Some days I'll go over and spread them out to make sure I am ok. this week I had chip shop and ate 30 syns. But that day and another day with no more syns balances me out.
If I eat fine, I'll have on average 0-7. For me it depends on how hungry I am and what I want. I try not to make myself feel restricted as I know I'll rebel and eat and eat.
I'll keep doing what I am doing until I stop loosing weight. If I were you I'd do the same as you are still loosing. If you stop loosing you know what to reduce.

Rarely I use only 5 a day, more between 12.5 and 15. If/when i do reduce its never changed my weightloss from if i was using 15. Some days i do go over and then make them up on other days though

Mine varies, but it averages out over the week to 13-15 a day. I start with 105 at the beginning of the week and take off my syns as I go - generally use more at the weekend and less during the week and end up using between 85 - 100 most weeks.

Denise

Thank you all for your replies, well reading through I think I might carry on with my fifteen, I still loose every week, albeit just a pound, although this week was two and a half. Even though my losses might be small by eating he fifteen it enables me to stick to plan and therefore have consistent losses. Although when this starts to slow even further I will drop syns further.

thank you all for your replies, it gave me something to muse over x

I think this is a good idea. You could always look at having a go are the Red/Green plans for some variety or eating a bit more superfree before sacrificing any syns. Good luck :)

Nearer the top. The week I stuck to around 6 was my worse loss. This week I'm trying to have at least 12 a day.

Looking through my food diary, my best week was:

Lost 5lbs

My week starts on a Thursday (I WI on Wednesday evenings)

Thurs: 15 Syns
Fri: 13 Syns
Sat: 12 Syns
Sun: 16 Syns
Mon: 15 Syns
Tue: 16 Syns
Wed: 6 before WI, about 12 afterwards.

I always found that having the maximum got me the biggest loss :)

Back