how many syns?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by pip1980, 10 May 2010 Social URL.

1. pip1980

pip1980 Full Member

is it better to eat all your syns or try and avoid?xx:)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mummy84

mummy84 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st13lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(9.15%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    we all need a bit of fat in our diets. my consultant says to have at least 5 syns a day :) i usually av 10 if not less a day x

4. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You can have between 5 and 15 a day or count them over the course of a week if that suits you better (so 70 to 105 a week). You should definitely have at least 5 a day and I would recommend starting out at 15. Only cut back if it starts to affect your losses. Lots of people think that they will get bigger losses if they don't use their syns but this really isn't the case - you're only talking about 300 calories a day on your syns so not even enough to lose 1lb a week. In fact not having them means you're more likely to crave things and go off the wagon!

5. mummy84

mummy84 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st13lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(9.15%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i totally agree - I av choc spread in my cereal or on toast in morning as it takes of my sweet craving. I find if i dont have it im craving something sweet all day lol

6. pip1980

pip1980 Full Member

thank u!! ive just started sw, loving it so far, just been wary of how much im eating.:wave_cry:

7. soccermom

soccermom I AM A WEMITT x

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1.5lb(5.76%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I have between 10 and 15 and love every one of them :D

8. mummy84

mummy84 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st13lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(9.15%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    yea when I first started i was worried how much i was eating only to lose 4lbs and i was well chuffed :) i still eat meals now and think how the hell am i losing weight but it works so i aint moaning lol

9. pip1980

pip1980 Full Member

right, im goin to treat myself then. i lost 2 pounds first week then 1 pound last week. Ive been filling up on meals but only having a few syns. think i can hear a creme egg calling!!! is it really ok to eat lots of free food. i had two plates of pasta last night!!x

10. sarahm85

sarahm85 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4.5lb(18.57%)
    Diet:
    WW Online
    You can eat as much free food as you need to be satisfied. Just keep in mind to eat until full. So if that means 2 servings of pasta then do so!

With regards to syns - the other week I tried to keep syns at around 5 a day to boost my losses. I STS that week, with no explanation. Last week I pretty much had my full daily allowance of syns (it was a hard week!) and lost 2lbs. I'm not saying the more syns you have the more you lose, but supporting what Circes said in that few syns will not neccessarily result in big losses.

I've only had 4.5 syns today, deciding what else to have...:p

11. lupuscow

lupuscow Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.61%)
    Diet:
    slimmingworld
    I too have found that if i use all my syns that my loss is better. Recently i had a STS so next week i was really hard on myself and had just 3 syns a day, still i STS so following week i wrote everything down and ate all 15 of my syns each day and lost 2lb! I don't understand how or why it works it just does!:confused:

12. 10st10lbs

10st10lbs Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(5.33%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I try to stay within my limit of 15 a day, but if I don't feel like using them all up one day, I'll just end up making them up another day during the week when I want that extra biscuit or something :) xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.