How much can you lose realistically

Hi all

Off to the doctors on Thursday to talk about possibly getting xenical prescribed, just wondering what kind of losses could be expected if u stick to the diet n exercise plan?

I'm 15st 5 n would like to get 3 stone off before end of September....is this achieveable?

What has everyone else been reporting on here?

Many thanks

Have a look around the forum and you'll see what everyone has achieved. Everyone is different and we lose at different rates-also Xenical affects us all differently. I actually don't think of it as something that loses weight for me, I look at it as something that keeps me on the straight and narrow as I don't want to suffer side effects by eating something I shouldn't. I would stay 3 stone is a big ask but that doesn't mean it's impossible. Good luck,

KB

Orlistat gives a bit of a boost to weight loss, but nothing dramatic, so you can expect just a bit more than you normally would on a reduced calorie diet. I've lost 5 stone in 9 months. x

I've been on the Orlistat for 3 months since mid February and I've lost 2 stone and 8 pounds so I'd say it's very do able as you have longer than that to get the 3 stone off. I've had my holiday in August as my first goal and I think if you have something date specific like that to work towards it helps focus you as I've sometimes wanted to cheat and thought no I'm not going to do that as I don't have time to mess around cheating If I want to get down into my goal dress size for August. Saying that, I have been eating well, I've been cutting right down on fat and eating more healthily than I ever have but never crash dieting, I also have sucuumbed to cheating on some of the Saturday nights so maybe my loss would have been better if I'd stuck to it all along the way.

Same here . I've lost 5 stone in 12 months but you may have problems initially as there is no orlistat in any chemist in the country at the minute due to manufacturing issues.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I was about to say the same as Kat, orlistat is currently more or less impossible to get although we are finding the Drs dont seem to realise!

I started xen in October & am just a smudge under 4.5 stone loss (stopped taking it in Feb) & I have stuck to it 100% so I have to be honest & say that as you weigh considerably less than I did when I started 3 stone may be a big ask but Good Luck x

Back