How much do you spend a week on food?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Esther Fester, 10 August 2010 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. Esther Fester

Esther Fester Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(10.98%)
    Hi guys, just wanted to start a discussion on this to see what the general consensus is out there, I seem to be spending about 40 pounds a week on food just for me, seems a lot but then I think I'm not buying take aways or lunch at work anymore so probably saving money?

Whats are your guys thoughts? xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. RubyMoss

RubyMoss Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10.9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1.1lb(0.66%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I spend probably at least £30, but I never actually use everything in my cupboard.
    I'm going to make a conscious effort to empty my cupboards before going shopping, and buy cheaper stuff, it's a lot of money when you get £100 a week, have to give £25 rent to my Nanna and buy food! xxx

4. Chicaloca

Chicaloca Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st10lb
    Current Weight:
    20st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.38%)
    Diet:
    sw
    Im about the same, I do a tescos (grrrr!) delivery once a week always about £50 but that includes lots for the freezer and cupboards so I dont always eat that food, and yes thats all just for me :D

5. bubbalicious

bubbalicious Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st12.5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(14.4%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    My shopping bill varies, but its about £40 a week as well. But thats for me and the boyfriend who is also following Slimming World. I think it depends what you by, as lots of meat can push the price of your shopping up compared to buying pasta and rice etc...

I always plan my weekly meals and only shop for that plan so I dont "overshop" and I always use everything up that I have in my cupboards and freezer.

6. kasiapelasia

kasiapelasia Full Member

Diet:
    SW
    I spend around £70, sometimes £80 (just for three of us). Since started on SW I spend more on extra lean meat and veg.Stopped using supermarkets for fruit and veg and started to use local markets (fresh stuff)

7. hastalavegan

hastalavegan Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(13.79%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I generally spend £12-15 a week just for me. Some weeks it's a bit more, maybe £20-25 if I'm stocking up on lentils and frozen fruit.

8. Bri

Bri Member

Oh dear, I'm the most. At least £50. Maybe this tells me something....

9. suepat10

suepat10 I am one of the 63336

Start Weight:
    20st3lb
    Current Weight:
    20st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Back in February (just found an old thread) Lifeline Online had a £35 for the week 7 day meal plan.

It may be still be on there with a bit of searching (I daren't be logged on much longer as at work so can't check!!)

10. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

I can spend 40-60 a week, sometimes more, sometimes less and that's for 3 of us.

If you think it's a lot then look at what you buy - do you buy muller lights? alpen light bars? supernoodles, mugshots, savoury rice or any of the other expensive HEX's and free foods?

I know people spend a fortune on mullers and alpen lights as well as out of season fruit, these are the things to look at if you think your bill is high.

I should add that I don't buy any salad or veg at the moment as it's all in my garden!

Last edited: 10 August 2010
  11. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I spend between 50-80 for 3, however, yesterday I went shopping and had run out of everything and it came to £108!! Ooops!

12. krupskaya

krupskaya Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(12.22%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - green
    I spend about £40 on myself for a week. I'm a bug*er for not using up the stuff in my cupboard though. Currently I have a glut of tinned tomatoes and mugshots!

13. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

about £60 a week for 2 of us - but we tend to eat out on weekends, so reality is its about another £40 on eating out - so £100 a week.

Gah! x

14. shell_y

shell_y Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st11lb
    Current Weight:
    9st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.5lb(12.91%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Between 50 and 70 on 3 of us but that includes nappies etc

15. louise10

louise10 Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    hi, I used to only shop at Tesco so for 3 of us and pets it was usually £110 a week but since SW I shop at Aldi and Tesco and have got it down to £70 -80. Take out was about £20 -30 a week too so I am saving quite a bit of money these days. However I do buy a lot of eggs and mugshots now lol :)

16. missemma

missemma Take Thatter

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st4lb(29.24%)
    I'm not too sure how much I spend weekly, I reckon around £30 for just me. I spend a lot of money on salad and vegetables. Sometimes I eat salad every day for lunch, and salad items aren't exactly cheap. I think sometimes being on a diet is more expensive than eating crappy food, you can get 5 chocolate bars for £1 near where I live, but you can't even get 1 pack of cherry tomatos for that price ;)

17. Northern Lass

Northern Lass Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    16st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3.5lb(16.11%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Oops, i spend about £150 a week for 4 of us ( teenage boy as well) I do mainly red days and lean meat soon adds up. I am planning to try and cut back a bit and get it down to £100 a week.

18. loungelizard

loungelizard Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(11%)
    Diet:
    SW Extra Easy
    Um, mine varies but the most would be £100 for 4 adults and that includes a takeaway for me and DH on a Saturday night.

I use Ocado and have cut my shopping bill down since doing so although now I'm on SW I will go to Morrisons or Sainsburys purely for yoghurts and alpen lights if the offers are on and better.

Mine varies as if good offers are on I will stock up if I can. I bought 480 tea bags last week to add to the other 480 I've already got:eek:

The big PLUS for me of doing online shopping is that is no chocolate shouting BUY ME whilst I'm wandering up and down aisles or stood at checkout.

19. WeeTartanDevil

WeeTartanDevil Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(5.3%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I shop in Lidl for most fruit & veg and fizzy diet juice for me for about £30, and it lasts a lot longer than tesco. but if there's anything I cant get at Lidl I get it at Tesco. all in, incl the family's other stuff, i'd say about £60 a week minimum!!

20. Piglet

Piglet Is so doing it this time

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(6.9%)
    Diet:
    5:2
    OMG OMG OMG :eek: :eek: :eek: I so can not let my DH see this thread..... he will totally kill me....... I spend £110 ish a week and then have to pop back 2/3 times each week cos I forget stuff and that comes to another £50/£60 So that's nearly £200 a week and there's only DH the children (12 and 10) and moi!!!!!!! Oh someone please help me..... where am I going wrong :cry::cry: I try to save money and have tried to do things like not buy Andrex or Tropicana but I just like the nice stuff :cry: :cry:

21. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

try shopping online Piglet xxxx or just keep buying the good stuff - no harm if you can afford it babes xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.