How much does everyone pay for CD

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Tanya c, 1 February 2009 Social URL.

1. Tanya c

Tanya c Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Diet Chef
    Hi all,

I'm 4'11 and weigh about 11stone. How much should I be paying for a week's worth of the Cambridge diet? is £42 too much?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. CardiffGirl

CardiffGirl Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st9lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I paid £35.70. I pay £1.70 for soups and shakes and £1.90 for porridge. But I've seen that people pay deifferent amounts depending on your CDC. Good luck!

4. Purple Hugs

Purple Hugs Loves weight.. training!

Start Weight:
    13st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(3.47%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I pay £1.90 for all sachets (soup, porridge, shake)... not sure what he rest costs as this is my first week. :)
    Height and weight doesn't come into it.. just if you're a girl or boy and the the plans.. so SS is 3 sachets a day, SS+ can be 4 if you don't want to add a meal of 200 calories etc..

5. Linda5111

Linda5111 I can do this.

Diet:
    slim and save
    I pay £37.50 Per wk,but i get 5 tetras wich r more expensive than the shakes.

6. IMac

IMac Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    19st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I pay £1.80 per item - regardless of what it is

7. naomi1611

naomi1611 Will B Slim

Start Weight:
    18st8lb
    Current Weight:
    17st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(3.85%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I pay £38.50 for a weeks supply regardless of what products i have.

8. simplylucy

simplylucy Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st4lb
    Current Weight:
    17st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I pay £35 if I have all shakes/soups. If i add 7 bars and 14 shakes/soups I pay £37.

9. The L's

The L's Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I also pay £1.80 per meal, regardless of what i buy! It makes me wonder why the prices differ so much?

10. aussieraquel

aussieraquel loving minimins!

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(13.29%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I just got my first CD order, for all shakes (21 in total) I paid £36. I think the bars are higher in price with my CDC.

11. wannabslim

wannabslim Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.61%)
    Diet:
    I'm not dieting, I'm on the pregnancy diet!
    Hey guys, there is an RRP set for each of the CD products - bars and tetras cost the CDCs more to purchase than the sachets.

There's a sticky on the main CD page with the RRP for all products if you want to check it out. But the CDCs are allowed to set their own prices - it's a business after all. The RRP is a guide for them.

My CDC charges £40 a week no matter what combination of tetras/bars/sachets I buy (I'm on 3 a day so that works out at £1.90 per pack).

xxx

12. loobyloo85

loobyloo85 Louise

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(9.64%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hey

I pay £1.70 for soups and sachets and £1.90 for porridges.

Height does actually come into it as you would need 4 sachets a day if you were 5ft 8" or above and a man would need 4 a day too on SS.

tetras tend to be more expensive i pay £2.30 for these but only have them in for emergencies when im out and about.

and bars are more expensive too.

Hope ur doing well with it.
    and look at the sticky at the beginning of this forum about RRP.

Good luck

Lou x

13. Tinsel

Tinsel Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    £38.00 per week 21 sachets/bars/tetras

14. cat-bee

cat-bee Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(7.61%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Pro-Points
    I pay £40 per week which is 3 packs a day (soups, shakes, bars, tetras etc...)

Works out at around £1.90 each I think...

Cat Bee x

15. CW Consultant

CW Consultant Gold Member

This thread only now shows the products.

The prices have been removed as counsellors do provide different services. Some offer extra counselling etc. Some do promotions, etc.

The best advice is to ring a couple and see which one you feel comfortable with you can ask what the cost includes.

16. Mat

Mat taking control (again)

When I first looked into CD last October, I emailed 4 local CDC's to find out prices and information. They all stated £1.80 for each shake or soup. I couldn't afford it, so I haven't been unable to commit mystelf. Now that I can afford it, but money is still very tight (as I am studying full time) I emailed more local CDC's to try and get them a little cheaper. I will be getting the shakes and soups at £1.70 each. 10p doesn't sound like much, but it soon adds up. But remember, the only reason for trying to get them cheaper is because of my money situation at the moment.

Personally I feel that the service provided by the CDC is the main thing to focus on. Regardless of price, the right help and support is vital to the success of each individual. Obviously it will differ from one CDC to the next, but if service improved with price, it would be wise to spend more, because in the long run you will benefit from that.

I'm only talking about theory here, as hopefully all CDC's offer the necessary support to help anyone succeed, but like any service offered, there are always differences.

As my CDC is saving me money on the supplies, I intend to pay her that money as a bonus at the end if she does a good enough job of helping me reach my ultimate goal, as I should be working by then.

Just my 2 cents.

17. bingbong

bingbong Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I like the sound of a flat rate whatever you order. I pay £1.75 per shake/soup/porridge. bars are extra. ketostix £6. and the drink flavours are £6 too.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.