How much exercise do you do and how much?

sexychick

Slim,slim,slim!
Sorry all! Was suppose to be HOW MUCH EXERCISE DO YOU DO AND HOW OFTEN? Lol!
Curious as I started back the gym last week(only went twice),but lost the lowest weight since been back on LL,
As I was unable to go for 6 months due to knee trouble caused by my weight gain,now I've lost some weight,thought I would go back again,
Now seriously considering waiting until a get back to goal what do you think? Might just be me!
I know I had 2 good losses the previous weeks,but still a bit disheartening!

Sexy xx

Last edited:
I dont' do that much to be honest - I just don't seem to have the energy for it. I am trying to be more active generally by always taking the stairs and having a walk on my lunch break. I am also doing 20 minute stints on the Cross Trainer about 4 times a week. I have heard that doing a lot of cardio can actually slow down weight loss as your body is burning off too many calories (bearing in mind we only take in 500 a day!)

I'm still trying to find the right balance but my advice would be to take it fairly easy. I'm sure that there is a sticky somewhere that has the official advice from the LL medical team - I'll see if I can find it x

Thanks zakaria!
sexy xx

I was doing pilates for some time, and only this week started doing aerobic exercise, which is a 25 minute cycle each way to work and back. The first day I did it I also decided to give LL Lite a trial, because my body was definitely telling me that I needed more energy. My first weigh in since starting both of those things is tomorrow and judging by my own scales, I really haven't lost much this week. Got to bear in mind though that muscle weighs more than fat, so building that will probably slow your weight loss a bit - that doesn't mean it's bad though. Can definitely sympathise with you mind, as having a really low loss or a gain this week will throw me off mentally and I'm not sure what I'll do. That said, if it's a toss up between getting fit now and having to do this diet a little longer, or losing the rest really quickly and only then being able to start getting fit, I think I'd prefer to get the fitness thing on track sooner rather than later.

Joiya said:
I was doing pilates for some time, and only this week started doing aerobic exercise, which is a 25 minute cycle each way to work and back. The first day I did it I also decided to give LL Lite a trial, because my body was definitely telling me that I needed more energy. My first weigh in since starting both of those things is tomorrow and judging by my own scales, I really haven't lost much this week. Got to bear in mind though that muscle weighs more than fat, so building that will probably slow your weight loss a bit - that doesn't mean it's bad though. Can definitely sympathise with you mind, as having a really low loss or a gain this week will throw me off mentally and I'm not sure what I'll do. That said, if it's a toss up between getting fit now and having to do this diet a little longer, or losing the rest really quickly and only then being able to start getting fit, I think I'd prefer to get the fitness thing on track sooner rather than later.

Joiya I know what you mean about getting the fitness thing sorted out 1st,that's what I was going to do,so will be having a rethink on what to do
now thanks!
Sexy xx

cheers zakaria for the link xx

On the subject of exsercise, this week I gained 3lbs.

I stuck to the programme 100 percent and did not let anything pass my lips. I visited the gym once, and also played football for over 90minutes.

I came home after playing, and had my shake, I then felt weak and felt dizzy, I had to run to the toilet and threw up.

It didn't feel good.

The next few days after that I jumped on the scale expecting a huge loss, my LLC said "You haven't had a grand week have you? you#ve put on 3 pounds"...

I was shocked, and gutted that this was the case, I checked and was still in ketosis. So the only thing I can think of is that it is muscle I have gained.

So just to see, I have cut down my exsercise all together and I get weighed on Thursday night.

I couldn't beleive that me not eating at all in one week, and drinking water, and moving more than I did would gain weight.

I felt like giving up after I heard the news and was very upset, but I got in the car drove home and just watched TV.

I pray for a good loss this week, otherwise I don't know what I'll do.

x

Richy...

I can understand why you are feeling so discouraged... but you are doing so well over all... so you shouldn't...

It could be muscle gain, as it does weigh significantly more than fat... It also could be water retention... or even just drinking water before your WI... a litre of water weighs 2lbs... so drink a litre and a half and that'd be your 3lbs...

It could also just be your body just adjusting... you are losing weight at a great rate, and you body will be trying to keep you healthy... Subsequently, your losses can stall for a bit, but it won't last... and the losing will jump back into action in no time, I promise...

You also say you didn't eat anything for week, so your body may have gone into starvation mode... which would also stall your losses...

There is no possible way you can gain on this diet. You would need to have a surplus of 3500 cals to gain even one lb! And we use all our LL cals up, even if we are just sitting on our arses... so, it's a physical impossibility...

Do not let this week get you down... It was just a random weight, at one random moment, a certain amount of days since your last WI... it's very possible you weighed less the day before, and even the day after... My body changes weight, 4 or 5lbs either way, on a daily basis... Trust me... getting hung up on the scales at this stage is normal, but not healthy... You ARE losing... you can't not be...

Try reducing the exercise this week, to see if it makes any difference, and it'll be valuable to learn about how your body reacts to it anyway... But overall... keep doing what you're doing... and hang in there!

Many of us have been though these random 'gains' or staying the same... It's normal hun... ok?

:) xx

Pinkie,

That is the best advice I have had all week during my struggle, and shock that I could gain on a VLCD.

Your right, it's impossible. All I have consumed is water, water flvouring, bar a day, and the packs.

I have not exercised all week, and get weighed tomorrow night.

I feel good about this week, all my friends are playing football tonight from 9 - 10 at a sports centre....I don't want to be unsocial and let being on this programme stop me from moving more, it seems abit silly.

I have cut down the exercise this week, I have done nothing apart from tonight. I am going to take it easy. and take a bottle of water.

Wish me luck, I will let you all know how I get on tonight at football, and let you all know the big weigh in result tomorrow. xx

(Thank you again Pinkie!)

Good luck on your weigh in later Richy!
I did not go the gym this week and lost -3.5lbs!
Just doing a bit of exercise at home for now,as I did before.
Sexy xx

Pinkie,

That is the best advice I have had all week during my struggle, and shock that I could gain on a VLCD.

Your right, it's impossible. All I have consumed is water, water flvouring, bar a day, and the packs.

I have not exercised all week, and get weighed tomorrow night.

I feel good about this week, all my friends are playing football tonight from 9 - 10 at a sports centre....I don't want to be unsocial and let being on this programme stop me from moving more, it seems abit silly.

I have cut down the exercise this week, I have done nothing apart from tonight. I am going to take it easy. and take a bottle of water.

Wish me luck, I will let you all know how I get on tonight at football, and let you all know the big weigh in result tomorrow. xx

(Thank you again Pinkie!)
Aww...
5.gif
You're very very welcome Richy! I'm so glad I was of some help... :)

Good luck with your WI tonight... and whatever happens, don't be discouraged... our bodies behave in strange ways sometimes... but they're just trying to figure out what we're trying to do to them! But they can't win on the LL Plan... The Plan will win... it's science!! Lol... ;)

Fingers crossed for you anyway... I know how much you need to see a loss on those scales... have been there myself... Keep us updated! :D

xx

Wooohooooo!!!
displayimage.php
yeah.gif

Now we're talking!! :D That's great Richie!!

xx

:happy036::happy036::happy036::happy096::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Thanks for all the support.

It's lovely to come on here and see other people in the same boat as you, and the good news is the boat has less chance of sinking everyday :) x

RichyRich15 said:
Thanks for all the support.

It's lovely to come on here and see other people in the same boat as you, and the good news is the boat has less chance of sinking everyday :) x

It really is richy. Only joined yesterday and everyone is so supporting it's fantastic. You really don't feel like you're doing it on your own xxxx

RichyRich15 said:
Well I'm back, and I am 10lbs lighter.

Over the moon.

YEEEEEEESSSS!!!! :)

35lb off in 4 weeks, Im so happy. x

Wow Richy thats fantastic loss,so far well done to you!
What have you decided on the exercise front?

Sexy xx

Im just going to go on walks in the evening. Nothing too strenuous though!!!

Back