How much have you lost so far?

Indianprincess

Hi all. I'm just about to start SW for the first time and just curious as I've done VLCD on and off for so long...will be good to see realistic losses. Also anyone recommend the online membership? Thank you xx

I do the online membership. I've lost 2st7lb so far. I've been taking my time with it so It's probably taken me about 4months. Average loss is around 2lb a week on sw, so its a lot different to a VLCD; but this is sustainable - you can do sw for the rest of your life!

If you don't know the plan well then going to a group would be a better idea. I just find it easier to do it online, plus I know the plan pretty well.

Do you mind me asking why you are thinking of doing the online membership rather than group? :)

xx

Hi Claire. Thank you so much. Only reason is because I do shift work :( although I've asked work for regular late shifts so hopefully ill be able to find a morning class I can go to when that's sorted.
Im know the original and green plan my friend explained to me and gave me her books to look at. Looks great so far. Just need to look over a few food diaries here and get some ideas for meals etc :)

Indianprincess said:
Hi Claire. Thank you so much. Only reason is because I do shift work :( although I've asked work for regular late shifts so hopefully ill be able to find a morning class I can go to when that's sorted.
Im know the original and green plan my friend explained to me and gave me her books to look at. Looks great so far. Just need to look over a few food diaries here and get some ideas for meals etc :)

I'm a shift worker and as long as you let the c know your working you don't have to pay for missed classes!!! X

Hi Indianprincess. I too tried VLCD and found I simply couldn't sustain it, despite good losses while I was sticking to it. I've been doing SW for five weeks and as clairex said, it feels as though it's a healthy approach that you can sustain - and enjoy! - over a long period of time.

I've lost 1st 1.5 since starting SW, I am very pleased with that especially given all the yummy, fresh food I've been able to eat. I hope to lose another 1.5-2 stone by Christmas.

I did try the online membership for a while before joining a group but my personal experience was I found I was not sticking to it properly as I knew it was just me weighing myself. I find I need the weekly group meeting to help keep me on track, plus my group is lovely and I enjoy going. My consultant gives loads of support in many ways throughout the week, not just at weigh-in.

That's not to say online won't work for you of course, I think it's mainly being in the right frame of mind and being ready/determined to get on it and stick to it.

Good luck with whatever you decide, and you will certainly find loads of support and advice on this forum xxx

Ive lost 12st 5lbs so far on SW and i would strongly suggest going to group if you can it will make a massive difference.

Ive averaged about 4-5lb a week so far (not to much more to loose) and ive found that going to the group helps.

Good grief Craig, look at your losses! That is amazing, well done - you must be a contender for national slimmer of the year... Have you been doing a lot of exercise as well as the plan?

Yeah ive worked myself upto 20+ hours a week exercise now. I started by doing 5 minutes a day and as i felt fitter i kept on increasing until im at the point now where this monday i managed 3 hours 50 minutes on the exercise bike and an hour on weights. I dont do that everyday though haha only did 20 minutes yesterday as my body was telling me to rest lol.

CraigA said:
Ive lost 12st 5lbs so far on SW and i would strongly suggest going to group if you can it will make a massive difference.

Ive averaged about 4-5lb a week so far (not to much more to loose) and ive found that going to the group helps.

Wow that's amazing!

Incredible how long have you been with Sw?! I'm in awe!!! X

I guess starting exercise gently is key and build it up... I am going to dig out my step aerobics DVD and it will be a personal triumph to get past the 12-minute warm-up!

I've lost 7 stone however that wasn't on sw!! However I ave lot 5lbs in two weeks on slimming world.

If you have stuck to a vlcd then you have no problem eating all this food :) however it took me a while to realise losing 1 or 2 lbs a week is realistic!! So when I done sw last time I was 100% and lost 3 lb in my first week whereas on Cambridge I lost 12 lb in my first week...the thing I forgot though was how much food I ate the week before and enjoyed!!! So again and again I would get back on the Cambridge for the big losses. It's not sustainable though and I'm In the right frame of mind. I've sent my self a realistic ...probably too realistic ha target of 1 stone 5 lbs by next April!!

Good luck xx

Hi there I recently did slim and save lost 1stone 3lbs in two weeks as soon as I started re introducing food I gained 5lb water weight back!
On SW I lost 1 stone 3lbs in only 3weeks I started at 13.8lbs however I'm having abit of struggle at the mo but it's only me to blame!

I go to meetings because I love the social part of it, I have made some lovely friends and get so much support from them all. I started in February and have lost every week bar 2, when I maintained and shall hopefully be at target by February 2013. As my weight has dropped my confidence has risen and my health has improved.

I started 8th Sept and have lost 17lbs so far! =) I've got a bet on with my Mr on who can loose 2st by xmas =) so far so good for me hehehe

Sent from my magic paint brush using invisible paint

My stats are on my signature. However I have taken a scenic route, which I think is why I am sticking to slimming world. In other diets I was desperate to lose weight, would deprive my self then suddenly lose all will and eat everything in sight! I lost well my first few months on slimming world as I had nothing in my diary, however now I regularly go out with friends for meals, enjoy the good things in life. I am still loosing but slowly, for example the last 4 weeks I have had 2 good weeks and got a 5.5lb total loss over the 2 weeks then 2 bad weeks where I maintained the first week and put on half the second. But I am happy with 5lb loss if I get to have treats, meals out etc etc.

Back