How Much Sunshine Orange A Day?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by shazzy1970, 2 June 2008 Social URL.

1. shazzy1970

shazzy1970 Full Member

Can anyone tell me how much sunshine orange flavouring you can use in a day. I only use 1 teaspoon per 2 ltr, is it ok to have this everyday - the water goes down a treat with it!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. MooCow

MooCow Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I was told by my CDC yesterday that you are only allowed 1 teaspoon per day, so if that's the case, 2 ltrs.

Hope I'm right in saying this

Dna x

4. 30FlirtyGirl

30FlirtyGirl Call me Nicky xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I was told 1 teaspoon a day although I put it in 1L of water rather than 2L. I believe some people get away with using a little more it is just a case of how carb sensitive you are (I think).

5. mommysue

mommysue Silver Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    i can tolerate about 1/*2 teaspoon in 11/2 litrs. gives me terrible heartburn otherwise

6. Kimba_soontobeslim

Kimba_soontobeslim Full Member

Eek!! I didn't even know it was restricted, my CDC never mentioned that!!!!!! :cry:

7. spooky

spooky Banned

Yes, one teaspoon a day. Its worth remembering too that if you have water flavourings and bouillon then the total allowance across both is one teaspoon, not one teaspoon of each.

8. Kimba_soontobeslim

So is it that it will kick you out of ketosis if you have more than the 1 tsp?

Most days I only have 1 tsp by chance, but at the weekends I get through quite a lot! :sigh:

9. spooky

spooky Banned

It could do if you are carbohydrate sensetive, also you are adding in more calories to the diet too...

10. Kimba_soontobeslim

Wow, ok, will definitely watch that in future! Thanks for the advice Spooky!

And thanks for the post Shazzy.....or I would never have known!!!

11. SuperBadger

SuperBadger Member

Hi new on here so hope this hasn't been answered b4 but is it ok to have the the Sunshine Orange on SS? Also looked at sodium citrate on Google...& concluded that it must be from the same family as citric acid is that true in which case should we have it at all?:sigh:

12. Loz1984

Loz1984 Flab 2 Fab!

I think the orange is ok (don't ask me why it doesn't make sense!) - although if you are sensitive you need to watch it.

The flavourings etc used to be as much as you wanted didn't they? They restricted as people were getting knocked out of ketosis i think.

I'm pretty tolerant so have more than allowance some days (although have none on others!). I think it depends on the person.

13. spooky

spooky Banned

Its fine to have it on SS. Its been specially formulated for the Cambridge Programme.

14. SuperBadger

SuperBadger Member

Thank you clever stuff eh?!!:flowers:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.