how much water you having?

Anna Morey said:
i'm having 4.5 litres a day, with a couple of black decaff coffee's in the evening. hope thats enough!!

Hi Anna well they say that's the recommended amount. Must admit though I am upto about 8 pints. I have always drank loads of water. I am just hoping that isn't too much!!. Keep going your doing well ;) x

I'm only managing 5 pints of water maximum and the odd black tea :( Oh well will keep trying, I will not be defeated, lol! Hope your both well xx

im drinking 3-3 and a half litres a day. One thing i have noticed, is my teeth are getting whiter. Not drinking tea or coffee at all even after 9 days is making them glisten :)

Bayboy said:
im drinking 3-3 and a half litres a day. One thing i have noticed, is my teeth are getting whiter. Not drinking tea or coffee at all even after 9 days is making them glisten :)

Haha! Never really thought about that part of it but yeah my teeth do have the yellow caffeine tint to them gone! In the first few weeks I was drinking upto 4/5 litres (I've always drank heaps of water pre-Cambridge!) but now a few months in it's levelled out to about 3-3 and a half! I always carry round with me a might litre or 1.5 litre bottles instead of those mere 500ml ones to keep me on track :)

How much is too much?

How much water is too much? I am on day 2 and have been drinking water to alleviate the hunger. I have drunk 4 litres of water today and was wondering if it was entirely safe.

Completely safe! There used to be someone on here who drank upto 6 litres a day! As long as it doesn't make you feel ill or you don't have that horrid water sloshing feeling you should be fine ;)

Picklefifi said:
I find drinking sparkling water is helping me forget about having squash in my water

I never used to like plain water, intact I drank it rarely. For the first few days I forced normal water down my throat and I'm actually enjoying it now. I always have a bottle with me and find this helps... Little and often :)

Bayboy said:
I never used to like plain water, intact I drank it rarely. For the first few days I forced normal water down my throat and I'm actually enjoying it now. I always have a bottle with me and find this helps... Little and often :)

I normally drink 4 pint of squash but I don't like tap water alone. I'm going through sparkling water like its going out of fashion! :)

I've had my first weigh in today and been told that the 4-5 litres a day plus tea and coffee is probably too much! But I feel like I need it! I have some of the summerfruit granuals too, have a some in a wine glass with ice at what would be my usual 'wine o'clock time!':D

Hi All

I thought the recommended ammount of water was 4 pints aday ? the tea and coffee was not included in that 4 pint rule, Have I missed something :wave_cry:

Nahh 4 pints is recommended to people not following this diet, it'll require more much more.
And tea and coffee do count, cos its still water

Swmpey said:
Hi All

I thought the recommended ammount of water was 4 pints aday ? the tea and coffee was not included in that 4 pint rule, Have I missed something :wave_cry:

CryLittleSister said:
Nahh 4 pints is recommended to people not following this diet, it'll require more much more.
And tea and coffee do count, cos its still water

You need bout 3 litres a day as a minimum on a VLCD :)

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

I got told 4 pints. I have been drinking 3 bottles of water that holds 75cl. when i worked it out on a converter calculator it worked out i needed a smigin over 3 bottles to cover 4 pints. is this not enough then?? x

I would suggest ( limited knowledge) more than 4 pints. It really helps to fill you up. The last few days I've not bought my bottled water and relied on getting it from a tap, into a cup. I'm going back to bottled tomorrow so I can visualise what I need to drink. And I'm glad to report the excessive trips to the loo have slowed now my bodies used to it :)

I kept my bottles to reuse. That way I save the expense of the bottled water, but can still keep track of how much I am drinking.

I have a litre bottle I always keep full. I hope I stop peeing soon, it's really embarrassing in college, having to ask to go like every 30 minutes when I have the same class/ teacher all day!

2.25 litres plus the water in your shakes is the minimum required on CD. Research shows that drinking more than 3-3.5 litres a day doesn't make you lose any more weight so unless your larches don't force it down. The more you drink the more your flushing the bad but also the good stuff out of your system so there is a thing as too much water believe it or not. As a nurse I have nursed people who consumer 6 litres a day on a regular basis and it made then extremely ill indeed as they has electrolyte and sodium imbalance. If anyone else has said this already then sorry didn't have chance to read entire thread xx

Back