How much weight did you gain on break/holiday?

ticktock

Hi all,

Wk 4 and 13lb down (had 3 days off plan), have 3wks until we go to Ibiza! 2 wks all inclusive, eek! just wondering how much people have gained on their holidays??
Not going to watch what I eat when there, will just get straight back on plan as soon as I am home. I'm not much of a drinker so maybe a cocktail or 2 each day, am thinking that my apetite will have decreased so will eat whatever I want there but smaller portions...will enjoy the holiday and do what I like but not go crazy like I usually do!

I'm scared that I will regain back all I have lost plus more, seen posts where people have had 2wks off and only gained 1lb and other posts where people have had a couple of days off and gained loads, just wonder what everyone elses gains have been during a planned break, just to compare and be nosy really :) x

Just to give you a rough idea...I've been off plan for 9 days due to having surgery and it was also my birthday in this time too. I ate and drank what I wanted or could have, especially around my birthday and restarted back on sns yesterday, though I really shouldn't as I need more time to heal. Anyway in that time, I have gained 8lbs! I'm terrible for weighing in just about every day in my first week on sns as I love to see the weight drop off and in 24 hours, I've lost 3lbs already.
I've been known to be on holiday and gain the same amount of weight in two weeks, and I'm more active then than I have been in the last week.
Hope that helps.

Thanks Trueblueangel, I'm expecting to gain more than a stone tbh because I normally gain around 10lb on holiday! Guessing that with glycogen weight and fact I have been vlcd before going then my body will gain weight double fast, oh well at least it wont stay on, wont take too long to lose it again once I get home and back to s&s :)

Still going to think positive and think there may be a chance that I can be lucky and gain less! Hope you are recovering well x

I'd be very happy with 6lb gain after 2wks hol...wont hold my breath tho lol x

Please bear in mind that when you come out of ketosis you refill your glycogen stores at the ratio of 3:1 - this is weight gain but not fat gain. If you've not already come out before your holiday and seen this gain on the scales, then it can be disheartening to think you've gained so much on holiday, when it's most likely that only a small proportion will be actual "fat" weight gain. I did gain just a pound on holiday, but I had already accounted for the 7lb glycogen refill gain before I went :)

Can you explain the 3:1 ratio?

Sorry I missed out the word "water" - a glycogen molecule holds 3 times it's weight in water, or needs 3 times it's weight in water to be stored, something like that - so coming out of ketosis and flipping your fuel back to glycogen necessitates the gaining of extra water weight as a biological fact. My fingers were too fast and I read it with the word in there already!

Less haste noodles! ;)

No worries. I thought you were giving a formula for how much glycogen weight an individual would put on, I suppose there is no such thing.
Thanks though noodles, you're full of knowledge:) 36 days till I'm off to Turkey, yay!

Thanks I will remember that, the water/glycogen weight doesnt worry me too much because I read somewhere that its not noticable and I know whatever that gain is will come straight off on first wk back on s&s...its just the damage 2 wks of eating and drinking that worries me :-/ Only 16 days till we go now! On the plus side wk 5 weigh in and I have lost 3lb meaning I am finally 12st something after years of trying!! Good chance I will be 13st something after holiday but I am determined to never see 14st again. Ever!. x

Back