how much weight do people lose in the first week?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by jjlou, 3 November 2007 Social URL.

1. jjlou

jjlou Member

Hey all,

I started CD 4 days ago and have lost 1kg. everything still feels normal other than i'm crazily craving for yummy food. anyway, just wondering how much weight loss should i expect in the first week and if i don't lose any weight at all, should i bother doing it for 4 weeks?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. fingers crossed

fingers crossed Silver Member

I lost 9lb the first time I did CD & have just lost 12lb in the first week of a restart. They do say you should give it a month though as it will usually average out over time, each week & each person is different.

4. Mochaj

Mochaj Gold Member

Diet:
    CD
    I lost 15lbs in my first week. I've also just restarted and this time lost 9.75 in first week.

5. jjlou

jjlou Member

wow... that's amazing, now i'm worried.

6. slushy

slushy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    jjlou
    the weight loss thing depends on your size and how much you have to lose in total
    the one thing i have learned is that you shouldnt compare your journey to anyone elses or yu stand a good chance of being disappointed and then giving up

you mentioned 'doing it for 4 weeks' not sure if you mean till add a meal or if you mean thats all you intend to diet for because you have so little to lose

if its the latter - well with only a months worth of weight loss needed then i would say dont expect to lose 12lb in one week!

if its the former i would say yes go for it as it will usually even out to an average of a stone in a month

good luck and let us know how you get on

7. kopcat

kopcat Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st6lb(21.38%)
    Diet:
    Now: High protein/sensible eating
    I lost 8lbs in my first week.....you've probably only just gone into ketosis, so maybe things will start to move more now. If it's TOTM your loss can be slowed down too. I wouldn't worry about it - keep going, it's DEFINITELY worth it!!! :D

P.S. It will also probably depend on how much you have to lose overall....if it's not that much, you'll probably see less in the first week.

P.P.S You may be losing inches even if not kgs :)

8. mommysue

mommysue Silver Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    i lost 5 lb in my first week . i guess it also has a lt do with how much weight you need to loose. i started at 12 s 9lb and in 3 weeks i have lost 12.5 lb. so averaging out at 4 lb. keep up with it you will find your loosing inches aswell

9. jjlou

jjlou Member

thank you guys so much for the replies. i need to lose 15kg to get to BMI 25. i realize that this much weight can't be lost in just four weeks so i intend to stay on sole source for 4 weeks then 1 week add a meal then back to sole source till i reach my goal. i guess the reason i worry is that i'm asian and the kind of food i eat is quite different from most people so i don't know if this diet would work for me just as well as for other people. This is my first time with CD therefore, i don't quite know what to expect but i'm glad that i fouond this forum.

10. mommysue

mommysue Silver Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    you got about the same to loose as me then . there is no reason why you wont have a great weight loss sticking to your diet . i bet your asian diet is far healthier than mine !!!!
    keep with it , you say you have lost 1 kg in 4 days so thats 1/2 lb a day !!!!! keep it up you will be sucessful , make sure you drink loads of water !

11. jjlou

jjlou Member

thank you so much for the support, i will try my best to keep going. i will keep you all updated...:D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.