How much weight gain in a week off?

dollydoo

So! I've been doing slim and save in the week with most weekends off. I generally lose 7lb in the week and put 2-3 on at the weekend, which comes off te next week. I know it's not an ideal way to do it but it works for me!
However I've lost about 30lb in 4 weeks really, and I'm away on holiday for a week now so in not doing it.
I wanted to know what to expect to have gained after a week :-/
Anyone have any experience?

What did you lose in week 1?
This is probably the best indicator as it'll mainly be water retention. That'll also be why you fluctuate so much.

Taking the weekends off sounds quite counter-productive as you would never be in ketosis for more than a couple of days. At the same time it seems to be working for you if you've lost 30lbs in 4 weeks.

Oh gosh I'm so jealous! I'm nearly finished my third week and so far I've lost 11lbs which is what I lost the first week and I've been doing it 100% lol! How annoying ha ha cx

Have you done the refeed? If you do the refeed properly you can expect to put on 4-8 lbs, if you haven't done the refeed then it's anyone's guess- it really could be anything. It depends on many factors like what you eat on your 'week off', how much exercise you do etc.

If you've planned a week off don't worry about it. Enjoy and get back on track after.

I stayed on plan over holidays as I didn't want to be in and out of ketosis.

Just enjoy and back to 100% after

Xxxx

I'm with Ando, I think you'll gain what you lost in week 1, plus some more if you go completely mad.

Well! In week one I lost 9lb.
This past 7 days I have eaten nothing but chocolate, pizza buffets and utter junk, plus I came on today. Honestly expected a massive gain but only put on 4.5lb? Without even doing a refeed?? I literally must have had over 3k calories a day!
Went back on diet today and in 8 hours, half of that's gone again. I'm not complaining and certainly not tempting fate by staying off it a moment longer but I am super pleased! Usually I look at a cake and gain a pound. Thing is, we did SO much exercise, walking 7 hours a day and swimming etc,I think I that must be what helped.

:) well done. I must have huge glycogen/water reserves when I broke ketosis for Christmas a few yrs ago I put on 10lb in 2 weeks

I have also found that I don't have massive gains when I've come off plan - for example the week where I lost 0.3lb I'd had 2 days away in York and eaten cream teas, pasties, chips, chocolate and drunk quite a bit as well so I was really pleased that I managed a small loss that week.

I remember going to Dublin one week when I was on Slimming world and gaining 12lb! I didn't even lose all of it the next week either.
I don't really know how it works but I know I can allow myself planned time off as long as I get straight back on the plan it shouldn't cause too much trouble and I can lose anything I do gain quite quickly.

I put on 14lbs in 2 weeks.
I was drinking as well as eating?
One week back and I lost 10lbs.
Soo does that mean I need to go under by 10lbs as I will automatically put that on after coming off the diet?
I still fitted my clothes though..

I know everyone is different so it's something I will need to work on so when I stop this diet and go for maintenance I don't make a hash of it..

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Back