How much weight loss is a dress size?

ruthiebusybee

Does anyone know [on average] how much weight they reckon you need to lose to drop a dress size?

I thought my consultant said half a stone, but I must have misheard her............that doesn't seem anywhere near enough.

They say half a stone I've dropped one for every ten pounds ish I've lost

Thanks.

Hmm I'm thinking I must need more than that for a dress-size. I've lost 15 lbs so far (having had a sneaky mid-week peak at the scales this morning, I am sure I will regret that on Saturday!!), and I don't think I've gone down even one whole dress size yet.

Booooo.

I've found it to be more 8-10% weight loss rather than a stone or half a stone (cant say I've heard that one tho, as I would have dropped over 10 sizes instead of 4). As I have gotten lighter the dress sizes for me are about a stone or so, so I think it does depend on your body shape and the size at which you start :)

With me it tends to be a dress size for every stone and a half I loose. I went down four dress sizes when I lost six stone last year. I am hoping for a similar pattern now I back on plan.

dunno I'm still wearing the same clothes now & lost nearly 2 stone! To be fair they were probably about a size too small for me then & I just squeezed into them cos didn't want to admit to myself I was back up to a 16, most of my clothes now I need a belt for, but deffiantely comfortably fiiting into a size 14 (from what I call proper shops eg, topshop & miss selfridges). I squeezed into a pair of 12's from topshop the other day but reckon I need at least half a stone more before they're comfy :D

I think it's more the heavier you weigh. I've lost 50lbs and only gone down one dress size so far.

Well im 1lb away from loosing two stone with sw and i started off a 24-26 and now a comfortable 18 and getting looser. I would think the next 10 lbs down i'll drop one again but i'm doing a lot of exercise and toning work so hard to say

My class leader reckons 12 lbs is a dress size but I personally think it depends on the shape of the individual, as inches don't always come off everywhere.

I've lost 1/2 stone since I started 3 weeks ago and I can now get my pre pregnancy size 12s over my thighs (can't do em up though no matter how much I jump up and down!!) so I recon another half a stone I'll be wearing them no probs! but don't you find different brands are different sizes? Usually the more expensive the smaller the size! My Calvin kliens compared to my sainsburys TU seem like a whole size different!!

Lacurrie said:
I've lost 1/2 stone since I started 3 weeks ago and I can now get my pre pregnancy size 12s over my thighs (can't do em up though no matter how much I jump up and down!!) so I recon another half a stone I'll be wearing them no probs! but don't you find different brands are different sizes? Usually the more expensive the smaller the size! My Calvin kliens compared to my sainsburys TU seem like a whole size different!!

Yeah that's so true I can pretty comfortably get into my size 12 jeans from new look, but the size 12's I've got from top shop no where near getting fastened yet. The only exception to the expense rule I think must be primark in there I'll be anything from a 12 to a 16. I am fitting perfectly into a size 14 from miss selfridge yet my size 14 cheap skinny jeans are practically falling off :)

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

i think Top Shop is rediculous for sizes!! i dont even go in there nowadays coz i always come out feeling depressed!!

If it were 10lbs a dress size I should be a size 42 going from where I know I'm a 12!

I agree topshop seems to be very small on sizes. Even when I was a size 10 everywhere else for some reason in topshop i was a 12/14. Same in Miss Selfridge. I saw a pair of size 4 jeans in topshop last week, they were so tiny i don't think my 8 year old cousion would have even fit into them. Daft.

Lisa xx

I know topshop is crazy but that's my goal for now I will get into them size 12 jeans lol cos then I'd be a size 10 everywhere else & not been a size 10 since I left school :)

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Ive lost 2st 4.5 lbs now and im only gone from a 16 to a 14 and im still buying 16's in some things. must be my big hips! :p

Lots of threads around on this and the general concensus of opinion - well there isn't one . . . LOL
I've seen in several places that SW consultants reckon about 10lbs per size.
I WISH! I would be almost 5 sizes small by now.

So far for me it's been about 1.5 stone a size - I had a lot to lose when I started though and I think I was "squeezing" into my last size as I didn't want to admit to being any bigger.
So I think the more overweight you are when you start the harder it is to move a size. I have 25 lbs to go (almost 2 stone) and I would love to lose another 2 sizes - although I'd be happy with just another 1!

Back